Oil plug?

MoonKS

Local time
2:07 PM
Ok, I feel like a total goober for even asking this. I know where the dipstick is on the NE5 - but I was on my hands and knees today and I cannot for the life of me find the drain plug - Am I looking right at it but not seeing it? Am I blind? Am I crazy? (don't answer that one!)

Regards,

Matthew

Oil plug

Hi MoonKS, it's on the lower left side of the engine. A large allen wrench takes it out. Hope this helps.

Oil plug

I'm baseing this off my Whizzer, 2007 NE5, which by the way I bought new in Wichita.

See ya

Hi Ren,

Good to see a fellow Kansan! Where in Wichita did you get yours? Truett and Osborne?

Thanks for the tip - I will look right after work!

I went out and looked after work - sure enough - a rather LARGE bolt with an allen head - I never even thought that was the plug. I was used to changing the oil in my Stella GB150 scooter - but it was crankcase oil only (it is a 2 stroke) and the plug was rather obvious with a hex head on the underside.

I was right - I was staring right at it and never knew it! Doh!

Regards,

Matthew

Yes Matthew Truett and Osborne would be correct. I bought it last May. I am having a blast with it, also doing some mods thanks to the folks here on the forum. I'm waiting on some parts from Quenton right now, should be any day.

See ya

Randy
Hi Ren,

Good to see a fellow Kansan! Where in Wichita did you get yours? Truett and Osborne?

Thanks for the tip - I will look right after work!

Hi Quenton, I did the change yesterday - I laid it horizontal and then put a few ounces of fresh through to clean her out. Boy that old oil was black for just going 100 miles.

Put a fresh 8 ounces in and I'm good to go.

Regards,

Matthew

Back