"OINKY" new police bike build

i stripped my BLACK SABBATH stretch cruiser, and decided to do a cop bike. dont ask me why, cuz i dont know. its keeping my mind off the recent unpleasantness, and thats good.

got rid of the straight drag bars. looked cool, but having to lean that far forward got really uncomfortable. turned the stock bars upside-down, and they feel wonderful.

i found a never-seen-gas new whizzer tank on ebay for $40 and snatched it up.
removed the emboss with a heat gun and Goof-Off.

found a couple of ammo boxes, to use as saddle bags. found realistic-looking police decals. took all those and the fenders to my buddy, who owns a body shop.

he did excellent work. sanded, primed, filled the dent in the tank from when i dropped it (that had me throwing-up, almost) and clear coat.

i still have to find some inexpensive lights/siren.

all i know, is i'm going to have to take this bike to the Doctor's when i'm done, cuz its gonna be SICK!

Attachments

• oinky4.jpeg
    oinky4.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 856
  • oink tank.jpeg
    oink tank.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 646
  • oinky ammo.jpeg
    oinky ammo.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 622
  • oinky3.jpeg
    oinky3.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 1,007
  • oinky.jpeg
    oinky.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,128
I have never met you.The bike is looking great! I am waiting to see how it looks with the boxes mounted.

ok. that was someone else with kevin. when you see him, tell him this bikes for sale. i'd give him the Homey discount.

yeah, gonna be awhile before i have time for the boxes and motor.

this is how i attatched the ammo boxes. simple.

now all it needs is the motor, which i'll paint black and white.

EDIT: someone brought to my attention, the handles on top will rattle and chip the paint.
i'll just run a couple small bolts thru them, to tack 'em down onto the lids.

Attachments

• bags on.jpeg
    bags on.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 285
  • brackets.jpeg
    brackets.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
EDIT: someone brought to my attention, the handles on top will rattle and chip the paint.
i'll just run a couple small bolts thru them, to tack 'em down onto the lids.

Stick-on Velcro ?

1 square inch has held a rear reflector on my bike for over 2 years.

Yeah the ammo boxes are great- I did this about 6 years ago on an old '57 Huffy 'army' bike I did. It's now stripped down to a pile of parts...
Anyway, the ammo boxes are great for carrying tools, supplies, beverages (mine always had diet Dr. Pepper, but hey, that's me...) they are pretty simple to attach.
Your local army surplus store should have 'em for cheap...
Rock on; this bike is soooooooooo awesome!!!

I should try ammo boxes for my electric chopper. Might be a good way to lower the cg with the batteries and help clean up the tail. Love your bike looks good.

thanks, guys. it IS sweet. dont want to sell it.

my original plan for the motor, was to paint it a shiny black and white, with as much attn to detail as possible.

BUT white isnt a good choice, with gas/oil/exhaust leaks and such. I also figured in keeping with a vintage-looking Harley theme, why not 'antique' (i'm secure enough in my masculinity, i can say that word) the motor.

so after the hi-temp semi-gloss dried, i set to it with 80grit, then 150grit. rough sanded just the fins so far. painted the exhaust, too.

gonna hit the outermost edges of the entire motor, when i have some more time.

other than that, i'm waiting for simpsonmotorbikes to send me a fuel petcock for the Whizzer tank. kinda forgot about that, until the last minute.

Attachments

• cop engine.JPG
    cop engine.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 248
Back