OK, my first build and HI from Henderson Kentucky!

pabickwermert

Local time
7:58 PM
Hi Guys and Gals!

I have been reading this forum for over a month. I had never heard about motorized bikes until I was searching for scooters on Ebay. I was just trying to find a way to save some gas.

I ordered a PK80 from powerkingshop. There was a delivery problem. They called it in to UPS but somehow they forgot to give it to them for 2 weeks. Then UPS delivered it a week later with I think was pretty good for ground from Canada.

I put the engine on a Huffy MTB and I have only had a couple of problems.

1st was the tensioner. The bike frame is smaller than the opening in the tensioner and it was trying to turn into the spokes. I made a extra bracket to hole the tensioner out to make sure it would not end up in my spokes @ 30mph.

The next problem I had was around 80 miles. The plastic spark plug boot broke inside and the boot fell off but the metal part was still connected to the plug. I have replaced it now.

This PK80 is black with a 44 Tooth sprocket.

I am happy with it so far.

So far, I believe I am the only person in Henderson KY to have built one of these.

I rode it to work yesterday for the first time. This thing is a attention getter. :eek:

Well, thanks again for having this place and I hope to be able to share some ideas and such.

Paul from KY

hey Paul
welcome to the forums
I'm also new here and like it so far
saw you were in KY and thought you might be on the route I may take on my long road trip I'm planing for when I get my bike built.

So where are you from and what route are you planning on going?

hey Paul
welcome to the forums
I'm also new here and like it so far
saw you were in KY and thought you might be on the route I may take on my long road trip I'm planing for when I get my bike built.

So where are you from and what route are you planning on going?

I'm in Memphis TN and my parents live in Maroin OH
they have been there for a little over 10 years now and I've not seen either of them in about 6-8 years now.
when I get my bike built (just waiting on the motor now) I plan on taking a couple of long distance road trips, one to Mtn. Home Arkansas to see my grandfather and the other to Marion OH to see the folks.

Cool

Man, that is a couple of pretty long hauls. :eek:

Have you gone to mapquest to find out the distances you will be traveling?

So far, the longest ride I have taken is 10 miles at a time but I am still breaking in my engine. In the manual it says to break it in for 500km which is 310 miles so I am about 1/3ed of the way there before I will feel comfortable going longer distances.

I was thinking of just going to the next town @ 30-35 miles away so it would be around a 70mile round trip.

Paul

yea I've got some long trips planned
last year on the 4th of July I rode my no motor having TREK 6700 mtn bike from my house to some friends that live ~50 miles away and I've done a lot more miles than that on my bike. I figure with a motor on a bicycle I can ride a lot further and I'm planning on doing it too.

Back