OK... OK... OK... an Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by EZheimers, Feb 22, 2008.

1. EZheimers

EZheimers Guest

I stumbled across MBc about six months ago and thought that it was a killer source for information and possibly parts.

I jumped right in asking questions ...and hit the wall. I did not know about the MBc 'Roberts Rules Of Order' and the 'Introduction Rule'? Now I'm an older unit and have built Custom Cars, Hot Rods, Motorcycles and Scooters and spent a lifetime trying to avoid rules... rules... rules...

BUT - it's your yard -and if I want to play with you in your yard then I must do an Intro..... What can I say?

Retired, live on the Left Coast, own a couple of Scooters, Two Harley's, and just finished building a Dual Ported VW powered Trike for my summer travels.

I have lots of time and love to putter...

I did the lil 50cc China thing with a peddle bike -and I'm now starting to pull together the parts and pieces to build something a bit bigger. My thoughts today are about 150cc Lipan? Need more research but if anyone has used, or is using a 150cc Lipan... let me know how it is working out?

Ride Free

2. mickey

mickey Guest

See, not so hard :grin: Belate welcome aboard
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

you hate rules, i hate rules, we all hate rules...but if we're going to gather so many rule-haters in one place we're gonna need...well, we're gonna need some rules :rolleyes:

actually, in your case, you were signed up before it became policy (see my "oops" in "let's ride" :)) ...but we appreciate it anyhow :D

'van was recently shopping the lifan line, maybe he has some info for you.

welcome to the MBc :cool:
  4. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Glad you are here!
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  6. graucho

graucho Active Member

Welcome, ive only been here for a week, but have picked up 4 tips ive used on my bikes.
  7. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Yep, pretty much says it all. And EZ, at least here we gain something from succumbing to the rules. Where else can you say that? :grin: Enjoy
  8. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Welcome EZ; we're all rebellious hellions here which is why Augi insists we restrain our anarchistic tendencies in order to allow moms, dads and kids to benefit from the wealth of information that we've all worked so hard to compile on this forum...again, welcome aboard.:)
  9. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Welcome EZ, fellow rebel !
    I found here the rebelious and the smartness of our cause is justified.

BTW, what does a 150cc Lipan look like ?
    I searched Google, but not much on bikes/ 150cc Lipan.

All the best.
  10. EZheimers

EZheimers Guest

Lipan Motors/Engines

It is my understanding that 'Lipan' is the make of motor that comes in several sizes? Like 50cc up to 350cc's...
    Don't own one yet as it would also take a much stronger frame and wheels than we play with here.....................
  11. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

welcome ! just remember to put pedals on it & keep it under 30!

RATRODER Guest

Welcome EZ,now I hate to tell y'all it is spelled LIFAN.louis
  13. EZheimers

EZheimers Guest

No... You don't hate to tell me -- That's what seems to go on here. Sit back and pick apart like small vultures... But hey - I hate to tell you... Thank You For The Info! That will help in my researcing....
  14. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

that's not very fair...all he did was correct you...as i did, tho more subtly...

please, don't blame the group for things the staff has to do in order to keep the place manageable. did you happen to notice all the sincere "welcome"s you received?
  15. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

when i get edgy i go for a ride on my motoredbike! then its all good!
  16. BoltsMissing

17. EZheimers

EZheimers Guest

Thank You Bolts... Now that's positive feedback.

I'm not thinking a standard bike frame - No! Gotta be a real heafty one and
    I'll weld engine bolt mounts where needed. 150 - 200cc will need some beef.

Again... Thanks! :cool:
  18. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

we are positive small vultures! really! welcome ezheimers!
  19. BoltsMissing

No Prob Hammer, ( can't spell your name )

I gather this forum has a twisted, glamouros sense of humour !
  20. Yea I hate rules too but there's a real benefit in this introduction rule.
    When you introduce yourself you're giving us all a picture of who you are,where you have been,what you know.
    It's nice to put a mental picture of who the author of said post is.
    Pics are nice too!
    Welcome aboard!