Ok, Persuade Me....

MrBlack98

Local time
4:50 AM
Alright, I am 215lbs. I have a front suspension mountain bike. I would like a speed of 28+mph. My area is fairly hilly. I have done loads of research. I have a dilemma:

Looking at staton chain drive;

TANAKA PF-4000 39.8 cc 2.20 HP Two Cycle Engine OUTSIDE Drive kit
Up Grade to the New 16.07 to 1 Gearbox
Wheel 20 x 1.50 to 2.00 36 Hole Ryno Lite Double Wall Alum. Silver Anod.
Comes out to: 669$

Pros to this option; Horse Power.
Cons; Possible Chain Stretch, more moving parts.

Looking at GEBE;
Eagle / Velocity 26" Wheel w/105g spokes + Shipping Included
Mount Kit w/o Engine, Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit - Shipping Included
Comes out to, you guessed it: 669$
Pros: Fewer moving parts
Cons: Less horses

What do you guys think? And if I could find a Cheap tanaka 40cc or Mit 43cc I'd go with the GEBE for sure, but the Mit I am currently looking at is only $195 with shipping. Help?:bowdown:

I would go with a Tanaka friction drive or a China girl 2 stroke with a SBC shift kit to climb the Carolina hills. That's just me.

Where did you find a mits tle 43cc at for $195? Cheapest tanaka 40cc I know of is from custom scooters in plano tx, they're a auth dealer and drop ship direct from hitachi corp $325 plus shipping that was months ago.

You misunderstand, I found a Mits 33cc for 195. Thats the problem, to make the GEBE affordable and powerful I need a 40cc for under 250$, but apparently thats not going to happen.

@Wheelbender6 - I want reliablity, I thought the HT motors were just the opposite.

Why don't you pick up one of the soobies for sale in the sale section. You can get a great deal and it will power your gebe kit noproblemo. You do know gebe has different gear ratios they offer. Perfect setup and quiet instead of having a buzzsaw in your ear while riding and attracting the cops saying here I am.

Check out thatsdax.com gives you another choice.

Yeah thats where I found it, the 195$ is with shipping. And I'm not into four strokes, if it breaks I want to be able to fix it.

Alright, I am 215lbs. I have a front suspension mountain bike. I would like a speed of 28+mph. My area is fairly hilly. I have done loads of research. I have a dilemma:

Looking at staton chain drive;

TANAKA PF-4000 39.8 cc 2.20 HP Two Cycle Engine OUTSIDE Drive kit
Up Grade to the New 16.07 to 1 Gearbox
Wheel 20 x 1.50 to 2.00 36 Hole Ryno Lite Double Wall Alum. Silver Anod.
Comes out to: 669$

Pros to this option; Horse Power.
Cons; Possible Chain Stretch, more moving parts.

Looking at GEBE;
Eagle / Velocity 26" Wheel w/105g spokes + Shipping Included
Mount Kit w/o Engine, Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit - Shipping Included
Comes out to, you guessed it: 669$
Pros: Fewer moving parts
Cons: Less horses

What do you guys think? And if I could find a Cheap tanaka 40cc or Mit 43cc I'd go with the GEBE for sure, but the Mit I am currently looking at is only $195 with shipping. Help?:bowdown:

I usually would say go with a bumblebee friction drive 27+mph but they are a good assist for going up the hills. Bee's are 26cc Tanaka 40cc. They will not go up hills with out a little assistance..The tanaka kits are more powerful and would probally do better going up the hills. I would go with a tanaka friction drive over a chinese kit any day of the week.
I dont know if its snows where you are if so I would look into a urethane drive wheel for your friction kit. Good luck and like i said i think the tanaka or a bumblebee would be your best bet..

Back