Ok, Persuade Me....

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MrBlack98, Dec 1, 2012.

1. MrBlack98

MrBlack98 New Member

Alright, I am 215lbs. I have a front suspension mountain bike. I would like a speed of 28+mph. My area is fairly hilly. I have done loads of research. I have a dilemma:

Looking at staton chain drive;

TANAKA PF-4000 39.8 cc 2.20 HP Two Cycle Engine OUTSIDE Drive kit
    Up Grade to the New 16.07 to 1 Gearbox
    Wheel 20 x 1.50 to 2.00 36 Hole Ryno Lite Double Wall Alum. Silver Anod.
    Comes out to: 669$

Pros to this option; Horse Power.
    Cons; Possible Chain Stretch, more moving parts.

Looking at GEBE;
    Eagle / Velocity 26" Wheel w/105g spokes + Shipping Included
    Mount Kit w/o Engine, Golden Eagle Bike Engine Kit - Shipping Included
    Comes out to, you guessed it: 669$
    Pros: Fewer moving parts
    Cons: Less horses

What do you guys think? And if I could find a Cheap tanaka 40cc or Mit 43cc I'd go with the GEBE for sure, but the Mit I am currently looking at is only $195 with shipping. Help?:bowdown:

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I would go with a Tanaka friction drive or a China girl 2 stroke with a SBC shift kit to climb the Carolina hills. That's just me.
  3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Where did you find a mits tle 43cc at for $195? Cheapest tanaka 40cc I know of is from custom scooters in plano tx, they're a auth dealer and drop ship direct from hitachi corp $325 plus shipping that was months ago.
  4. MrBlack98

MrBlack98 New Member

You misunderstand, I found a Mits 33cc for 195. Thats the problem, to make the GEBE affordable and powerful I need a 40cc for under 250$, but apparently thats not going to happen.

@Wheelbender6 - I want reliablity, I thought the HT motors were just the opposite.
  5. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Why don't you pick up one of the soobies for sale in the sale section. You can get a great deal and it will power your gebe kit noproblemo. You do know gebe has different gear ratios they offer. Perfect setup and quiet instead of having a buzzsaw in your ear while riding and attracting the cops saying here I am.
  7. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Check out thatsdax.com gives you another choice.
  8. MrBlack98

MrBlack98 New Member

Yeah thats where I found it, the 195$ is with shipping. And I'm not into four strokes, if it breaks I want to be able to fix it.
  9. BchCruizer

BchCruizer Banned

I usually would say go with a bumblebee friction drive 27+mph but they are a good assist for going up the hills. Bee's are 26cc Tanaka 40cc. They will not go up hills with out a little assistance..The tanaka kits are more powerful and would probally do better going up the hills. I would go with a tanaka friction drive over a chinese kit any day of the week.
    I dont know if its snows where you are if so I would look into a urethane drive wheel for your friction kit. Good luck and like i said i think the tanaka or a bumblebee would be your best bet..
  10. Quadranut

Quadranut Member

26" mountain bike with Staton FD Honda 35. don't have to assist the motor because I can't pedal that fast
  11. MrBlack98

MrBlack98 New Member

Any steep hills to speak of?
  12. BchCruizer

BchCruizer Banned

My bumblebee takes me up pretty good hills..I dont fly up them but it does make it. Exspecially with this new urethane wheel. Good Luck