Oklahoma Motorized Bike Awareness Rally

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by roddy4477, Sep 16, 2009.

1. roddy4477

roddy4477 Member

Hey, anyone interested in a weekend ride appox 60 miles in beautiful southeastern Oklahoma on the 3th and 4th Of october,2009 . We have about 7 guys linied up now ..Mike has a campground with a cabin to bunk in if you want to spend the night . contact me or motorbikemike on this forum.:helmet:

2. t0lly

t0lly Member

I am interested but 60 miles sounds like like a lot. I just built my bike and barely trust it to go 5 miles.

3. roddy4477

roddy4477 Member

I know what yiou mean we are going to have a rescue pickup come along. call me at 405-206-5088 after 4:30.:helmet:

4. motorbikemike61

motorbikemike61 New Member

if any one wants to come and but not ride there will be a cock out saterday night at my campground you can meet all of us and show off your motorbike

5. roddy4477

roddy4477 Member

Mike is also planing making up some T shirts for the first annual motorized bike awarness Rally in Oklahoma. Hope to see any one interested there at the cookout or better yet on the ride . Feel free to contrat us even if you cant make it, would still like to be in touch with any Okies with like interests.:helmet:

6. seanhan

seanhan Member

Mike

I hope you meant COOK-OUT !!!

7. motorbikemike61

may be i can do better on spelling on the t shirts then i did on cook out

8. t0lly

t0lly Member

I completed an extended distance test ride yesterday and am confident with the bike now.
    I am in for the ride, marking my calendar. As long as the bike is still together that weekend. Looking forward to it.

Where are we meeting?

9. motorbikemike61

we will be starting at antlers ok. at 9 saterday morning meet at the old train depot this will be a lot of fun and t shirts for the first 10

10. t0lly

t0lly Member

0900, wow I will have to leave Sapulpa at 0530. Are you planning to roll out at 0900?
    Maybe I could meet ya on the road and join in. Can post or send me a route map?

If I come down Friday night, is there a cheap place near meeting location I could camp?

11. motorbikemike61

tolly you can camp in my yard if you come down friday night.and we are going to try to leave at 9 and be going north on hwy 2 to clayton and then hwy 271 to talihina and then hwy 82 north for two miles to my campground

12. t0lly

t0lly Member

That sounds pretty cool Mike. Do you have a fire pit in your yard?

13. motorbikemike61

tolly you can call me when you git to antlers and i will tell you how to git to my house and yes we have a fire pit my cell is 580 209 2317

14. jcchappy

jcchappy New Member

tOlly hope to see you there I live down the road from mike. He has given several people in our sleepy town the motorbike flu its very contagious you know.

15. t0lly

t0lly Member

I hate to do this as I was looking forward to the event
    A small family emergency has come up and I will not make the event this weekend.
    I wish you all a great time, and I hope to make the next one.

16. motorbikemike61

tolly i hate that you can,t make it but family comes first may be will see you next time

17. motorbikemike61

wow what a great ride i want to thank everyone that came and all that helped out. it ended up being 67 miles and we got there be for the rain .we will try to git pic,s posted and we will be do this again in the spring

18. t0lly

t0lly Member

Got any pics?
    Wild campfire stories?
    Did the cops come?

19. roddy4477

roddy4477 Member

:grin5:It was awsome the pace was relaxed the senery was great the compamy was the best. what little problems we had were solved on the road every body helped each other. The tee shirts were neon green and showed up remarkably well, thanks Mike and Leigh. pics and details will follow later.:helmet: