Old bikes for Whizzer

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Traveler, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Traveler

Traveler Member

Has anyone heard of a Columbus Bike? I saw one online that appears to be from the 40s and has a Whizzer tank.

2. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Could it be a Columbia?

Have fun,

3. Traveler

Traveler Member

Probably is. I think it was a typo online. Any history available on this bike? It is probably from the mid to late 40s.

4. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

It is a Columbia. That is almost the same exact frame I'm putting an H motor on. It may be a late 40's or early 50's.

Jim

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  5. Traveler

Traveler Member

Columbia

Looks like you and I will both be putting a Whizzer H motor on a Columbia. I bought the bike today. I already bought the motor. Will start working on it next week. Lots of work to be done.

6. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Those old Columbia frames are darned near bullet-proof. The first MB I built is on a '46 Columbia frame (see first attachment). However, once I finally save up for an H or J motor, it's going to go onto a Shelby Traveller frame (see second attachment).

Attached Files:

7. Traveler

Traveler Member

Great bikes

Great photos. I love both of those bikes. The Columbia is being shipped to me this week.

I was going to use my repro Schwinn bike, but decided to use vintage parts throughout whenever possible. I'll send some photos when I figure out how to attach. I see an icon for it when typing this message, but nothing happens.

8. Traveler

Traveler Member

Bike like yours

I have a Columbia just like yours, except it hasn't been restored yet. I did ride it the other day. I believe it is a '46 also. Where did you get all that nice chrome work done?

9. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

The chrome is all aftermarket. It's a repop springer fork, Wald handlebars, GruBee PooPoo Pipe, chrome bullet headlight and Pyramid round mirrors. All but the PooPoo pipe are available through BikeWorldUSA.com.

10. Traveler

Traveler Member

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.