old fart, can't stand cars

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jawnn, Jan 5, 2009.

1. jawnn

jawnn Member

Well howdie folks.....I am putting a motor on my trike that was ment for pedaling only. But its just too heavy. Then I will build a tadpole trike with an electric motor, imposible to pedal. what fun it will be.:ack2:

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I don't dislike cars. I just try to drive only when necessary. Cheers

3. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hello jawnn, welcome to MBc.
    I myself love cars but I also love any kind of bikes so your AOK in my book. Enjoy the group. Good luck on your project.

4. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

from one old fart to another old fart

welcome and have fun as you ride that THING

5. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

We think sorta alike, with some differences. I think of myself as being in "advanced youth". Love bicycles. And I actually do like most cars, but I hate the numbers of them and driving in traffic. It's way too much like standing in line.

but the whole bicycle/MB scene is a great getaway.

You'll like it here.

See you around

6. mikem

mikem Member

Howdy

Hey Jawnn,
    Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll be posting pictures of your trike project. What kind of trike do you have?

7. bonzzz

bonzzz New Member

electric NO

electric will put you in the poor house , i looked into it ., just pick yourself up a small 4 cycle,, at a pawn shop or lawnmower place add a clutch pulleys and your on your way...$150.00 tops
    got mine down to frame and painted, new tires on this week hopefully some parts will come in ,,send a pic of yours

Attached Files:

8. jawnn

jawnn Member

pictures and ideas

so this is the trike I would love to have a leaning trike with the two wheels in the front. some one makes a kit to add a motor to this trike including an extended axle.

http://www.staton-inc.com/

http://funnyfarmart.com/graphics/eztrike2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  9. mikem

mikem Member

Nice Trike

Nice trike jawnn. Unusual. Hope the motor project goes well !