Old Navy-new guy

commodore

Local time
8:43 PM
I've read the entire Whizzer forum twice, learning tremendous things in the last week. I saw a Whizzer last week and purchased/traded for it today (99 WC-1). Upgrades are on the way (thanks Q). This thing is more fun than my pulling tractors and Honda CB-350G! I'm also the county's only organic farmer (row crops) and still a part time GE Field Service Rep (Gas Turbines). Also a member of the Chilhowie Antique Farm Machinery Collectors Organization. We collect almost anything that's old and display/demonstrate every year.
Thanks to a chance encounter with a Whizzer and this forum I've become a member. Great to have found a bunch Madmen like you-all.
I can't wait for the Bonneville report!
Mark Lacey
Leeton, MO.
PS, I'm sure everyone can tell that I'm not an english major, so bear with me.

Scattered parts all the way

Well I got 13 miles on the Chuggernaut this afternoon, lost some fender screws but returned under power. After reading some of the horror stories I really expected it to quit on the maiden voyage as it's not been run for a couple of years. Are these rear fenders and stays supposed to be this floppy?
Looks like carnage waiting to happen.

Welcome to MBc!! On the bikes I motorize I fear the fenders....however they are far beneath your Whizzer. You might find a better answer in the Whizzer Forum. Or searching whizzer fenders might help.

Stan4d,
I searched the Whizzer forum for solutions and came up with 2 threads, however I didn't see anything about heavier/sturdier stays, only about the tab problem. My bike has turn signals also. I don't remember fenders flopping around like that 40 yrs ago.
Mark

I agree, it does not sound right. I mentioned search 2nd in this case because it would end up with alot of bicycle threads.....you might start a thread in the whizzer section. Alot of knowledge is in there.

Welcome to the forum. We may have crossed paths when I was on my WestPac '89 cruise in the Marines.

Back