Old New Guy from Kentucky

Leroy

Local time
10:04 AM
I've been lurking this site for about 6 months now, trying to figure out where to get started - finally decided on some sort of step-through creation for my wife to ride to work. I'll most likely build the frame from scratch, but the jury's still out on the powerplant - sure would be nice if those sweet Franco Morini motors had lighting coils.

I've been a motorcyclist for 42 years, and I'm hopelessly addicted to turning gasoline into vibration and noise. Glad to see that I'm in good company.:D

Yup, you're in good company. Lot of motor-heads here.

You're thinking of a step through for your wife? I suppose that can only mean rack mount. There's a number of choices available. I'll bet she'll like it.

have fun

finally decided on some sort of step-through creation for my wife to ride to work. I'll most likely build the frame from scratch, but the jury's still out on the powerplant

If there is anyway you can check out a Robin Subaru 35 cc, even if it is at a small equipment store, on a weedeater, I've been using it for all my women customers, including a lady who had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago.

Cranks on the first pull, often without even putting on the choke when it's been sitting there doing nothing for 2-3 days.

I've even demonstrated it by looping the string around my thumb and pulling it, that is how smooth it is, a real +++ to keep the wife enthused.

Back