Old School Eye Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been several months since I posted photos and a description of my first build, the "Red Hornet". That bike got mixed reviews, some people just don't appreciate Pee Wee Herman like I do! Anyway, since then I've been putting an insane amount of time in a Chrome Giant Stiletto with a 66cc Chinagirl, a custom springer seat, and custom springer front end. Actually, I should call the bike "Frankenstein" because I scavenged parts from OCCs as well as several other brands. The hard pan seat is fabbed from a heavy aluminum frying pan from my father-in-laws restaurant, the front wheel is an OCC wheel re-laced with ss spokes and converted to disc brake with the 3 inch tire that originally came on the rear of the Stiletto. The rear wheel is a 4.25" OCC wheel with a welded seam and re-laced with 12 gauge ss spokes and converted to disc brake. I also used a sprocket conversion in place of the freewheel. The rear fender is from an OCC, the front from a cruiser. Both chains are upgraded BMX (my chinese 415 chains started cracking). The controls are standard MB, but the cables are heavier scooter cables. The AMF Harley tank came from an old 350 sprint. It lifts from the rear and slides out of rubber mounts just like it was originally designed to do. It's held in place by a heavy rubber O-ring, so it comes off in 30 seconds for maintenance. I tweaked the Chinagirl to squeeze out a little extra power to handle the added weight of this build. Shortly I will add a LED headlight, a horn, and a Whizzer speedometer from my parts bin. The configuration on this bike makes it a blast to ride. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• DSCN2901.JPG
    DSCN2901.JPG
    482.8 KB · Views: 2,238
  • DSCN2902.JPG
    DSCN2902.JPG
    459.5 KB · Views: 1,532
  • DSCN2909.JPG
    DSCN2909.JPG
    447.1 KB · Views: 1,466
Just curious, what size sprocket did you put on the left side of the jackshaft?

Psycho, I should have mentioned that I couldn't find a sprocket to fit the jackshaft and still align with the engine sprocket, so I had to make one from a keyed collar and the housing of a freewheel. It wasn't easy but it worked.

Very very nice build. I can see why the tank needs the quick removal just to get at the sparkplug.

dbscrapper

You are obviusly a skilled fabricator. Nice job making those random parts work together.
You need to change the name on that tank to Franken-Davidson :D

Hey Scootmeister,

I love that Harley tank. How did you mount the front of the tank? I am thinking about putting a Honda S90 tank on mine which mounts on 2 rubber round things which will probably be connected to a steel bar mounted horizontal to the cross bar.

Hi Bridmann. Yeh, the tank mounts just like it did originally. I made a frame out of aluminum strap and bolted the round rubber mounting thingies to it. The rear of the tank slides down on the rubber holders and the front of the tank slides forward to engage them. So to remove the tank you just remove the heavy rubber o-ring that holds the rear of the tank down, raise the rear of the tank 2 inches or so, slide it rearward 2 inches and it lifts right off. It comes off in about 2 minutes and the CDI and wiring can be hidden in the tank tunnel. Lucky for me, the Stiletto had two threaded holes in the top frame tube perfectly spaced for my aluminum strap frame. How is your Honda tank set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back