Old School MotorBike

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 4-StrokeBS, Oct 15, 2007.

1. 4-StrokeBS

4-StrokeBS Guest

Hello from Paducah KY. I have bin mulling around in your MotoredBikes site for a coupple weeks now and really enjoy the postings and Pic,s.
    I am a Machenist by trade and I have bin building and riding bikes since I was about 12 and I am now 60 and I still injoy it as a hobby, About 6 Yrs. ago I built a coupple HD look a likes, They both have 2 hp. Briggs & Straton horizontal shaft motors that I have kinverted to free air, I senter mounted them in the frame and both are friction drive off the rear wheel and do about 27 Mph.
    One looks like a 1905 HD built with a Schwinn Varsety frame and the other is a smaller schwinn diamond frame made to look like HD's greay quiet one.
    I have maney Pic.s at PhotoBicket and if I can figure out how to get the link from there to here I will post it

2. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the group. Follow the directions for posting picture and lets see your jewels. Old guys welcomed here as I now is one on the Giant Side of Texas
  3. 4-StrokeBS

4-StrokeBS Guest

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  5. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest

nice pics, your bikes look great!

RATRODER Guest

4-stroke HOW did you reverse rotation ??? real nice rides,out the box thinking. louis
  7. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Man that's beautiful work! Welcome to Mbc.
  8. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

That gray bike is absolutely fabulous! One of my favorites I have seen so far.

Welcome to the group!
  9. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc
  10. 4-StrokeBS

4-StrokeBS Guest

Hay Ratroder, I cut the PTO shaft off flush with the motor and put the drive pulley on the flywheel, The motor is still runing in the normal direction, I just put it in the bike backwords, If I turn it around and have the carb to the rear the motor will then be turning forward, For chaine drive maby :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  11. 4-StrokeBS

4-StrokeBS Guest

Thanks iRide, Coming from sutch a qualified frame builder as your self is very gratifying, I realy like your bike on the top left corner of the header page, Its what cought my eye and got me curries to look around the site, I would like my next bike to have that style, With one of my B&S motors and chane drive and jack shaft, Maby somthing on the order of Ratroder's #2 (More Planing)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007

RATRODER Guest

4-stroke,after looking at pic. close i realized bummmm q. still out of box thinking.good gob. louis
  13. lhemrick

lhemrick Guest

Welcome! Love the bikes, gets my gears turning. I saw of lot of the orignials at Barbers Motorsports Vintage Bike Festival this past weekend. If you have never been try to make it next year. I thought I had stepped back in time, its not every day you see someone ride by on an old Harley from the early 1900's complete with leather helmet and scarf but it stops you in your tracks. I posted some pictures from a trip to the museum my son and I took a while back, check it out listed under my postings.

14. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Wow, that is some impressive work. I like the look.