? On Dacscomm

M

microage97

So I had been watching this ebay auction: Item 330142606323 Dacscomm and I made an offer which was rejected. Anyways long story short, I receive an email from a guy asking if I was still interested and what my offer would be. We agreed on a price and he said that he would complete the transaction through ebay. Well it seems that it isn't, at least to my summery and asking to send the money via western union to Italy.

Dacscomm is in the US right? I called them to check out what they had to say. It just seems kinda shady to me.

Dave

I was going to say that it was a scam.You did the right thing by contacting Dacs.The other way is to contact Ebay directly,and you should always let them know about any scams.They can't fix it if they don't know its broken.I would report the scam ASAP to Ebay.If you don't they will try it again.If not you then someone else,and not everyone is as lucky as you were.You did the right thing Rod

I will do, man that was close. I have been on ebay for a long time, probably around the 97 time frame. This is a first for me.

Dave

Strange on the feedback portion of that though? I dont understand how somebody could get that much good feedback and go wrong?

Do you mean me or Dacscomm?

I received this email from (ferard.caydi@yahoo.com)

--------------------------
Dear microage97...You expressed interest on this item. I'm the seller of this item on which you've recently bid on through the eBay system... ***Item title: MOTORIZED BIKE BICYCLE ENGINE MOTOR MOPED SCOOTER 70CC -- Item number: 330142606323*** ...And I've contacted you because I need to know if you are still interested to buy ... Email me as soon as possible with your answer because I must to know if is necesarly to find another buyer or if you can buy the item(i need to know your final price)...If you accept this offer the eBay policy automatically proclaims you winner. The transaction will go strictly according to eBay's RULES and POLICY and will be supervised by eBay Trust & Safety Department. If you are interested just reply to this message...I am waiting a fast response!...Thank you!
----------------------

So I was chatting back and forth and the guy wanted me to Western Union money to him in Italy via a really cheesey form email..

I emailed DacsComm and they didn't know anything about it.... so I was sure it was a scam.

A close call. What was I thinking?

Dave

Nah Dacscomm is legit. I will probably go with them when I get enough $$.

Dave

Isnt that just the old EBAY second chance scam that people try?

It really has nothing to do with Dacscomm, it is just someone trying to gain your trust by using a highly rated EBAY sellers feedback and item to scam you out of your money.
You would never have recieved anything and you would be bugging DAX for no reason and the scammer would just move on to the next victoms.

I'd be interested in seeing how far I could pull a scammer like that behind my motoredbike. :D

Back