one wire kill switch

scottyo

Local time
4:21 AM
So I accidentally ordered a 2 stroke kill switch online. This switch has only one wire leading down from it. Does anybody know how to adapt this two a honda gxh50 4stroke?

My honda has 3 main wires: ground, red and black. These wires need to have the current shut off between them in order for the bike engine to be killed.

Any ideas?

I think the ground on your switch is the handlebar and the single lead connects to either one of the black leads coming out of the magneto of your motor.

ocscully

It seems like the switch is at the end of a dead end wire tho? How would it be able to kill anything there?

It seems like the switch is at the end of a dead end wire tho? How would it be able to kill anything there?

the switch itself will ground out against the handlebars (or whatever you mount it to) when you push the button. the one wire will go to your magneto and when you push the button, it will ground against the handlbars, complete the circuit and ground out the magneto.

the switch itself will ground out against the handlebars (or whatever you mount it to) when you push the button. the one wire will go to your magneto and when you push the button, it will ground against the handlbars, complete the circuit and ground out the magneto.
So long as where you mount it (has to be metal) you have continuity to the engine. You can't have a piece of rubber or the like that comes with the bike flashlights made by Bell, between the frame and switch. Metal to metal...

Last edited:
It looks like one wire, but there are actually two wires inside the black outer cover. My guess though is that the wire gauge will be two small for a Honda 4 stroker. Try it anyhow. mike

Back