Break In Only 25/miles on break in.......Mix 25:1 on 48cc slant head

geebt48cc

Local time
10:05 AM
Hey there,

Do you all think the motor will gain alittle more power after Mmmmm, say 400 miles? I weigh right at 250lbs, 6' 7" and had to go 48cc do to legal stuff.:confused:

Goes fine on straights, but then.........Pedal time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~ PS-I am breaking in!!!!!!!!!~

Hi,

48cc is just fine. What they may lack in power, they make up in durability. (IMHO)

Be glad we have pedals & know how to use them. :D

Yes.... in my experience, they all develop a little more power as they break in.

Seriously though, a 48cc engine with 250lb rider will need some assist up hills with a 44T sprocket. A larger rear sprocket will help out a lot, at the expense of top speed of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket? Won't that give more "torque?" You guys in the know please comment. Thanks!

hey geeb,
here you say 25 hours on break in.... your other post says 25 miles.
Big difference. ???????

Whizzerd, Yes, a smaller front sprocket would work great, but as far as I know.... a HT 9 toother does not exist. ????

rear sprockets...48 & 50 toothers are common. (& better for us heavy guys)
Many custom sizes are available.

I dont have a 49 cc... but I have an 80cc slant head. I dont recall a noticeable gain in power.... but it hasnt lost any power either.
I've owned & ridden both sizes & I prefer 48cc.

No, No, No, I meant 25/miles only of break in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

TY

Well, in that case you've got some more running time until the rings are fully seated, but I wouldn't count on a remarkable amount of extra power. Not enough to pull you up hills like you want. I would look into a 48T rear sprocket.

more power

I would look into a tuned pipe. I got one from Sick Bike Parts and it changed the performance a whole bunch. One of the problems with the pipe was I used to have to pedal up the hills and now I don't. I have to ride my trainer inside now if I want to lose some weight.:D

Mike Frye-the bike guy

Back