Opening a Can of Worms: Who Did you Vote for?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tom, Aug 7, 2009.

?

Who did you vote for?

1. Obama

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. McCain

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. Some other candidate whom everyone already knew didn't stand a chance

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I lost my right to vote or I chose not to participate

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Tom

Tom Active Member

This will be interesting. Who did you vote for in the November 08 presidential election?

I voted for Obama because clearly what we had going didn't seem do be working, and I thought it would be good to change things up a bit.

I also was just not a fan of the McCain/Palin combo.

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I favored Paul going into the primaries, but it was clear he'd gored too many sacred cows in Washington to ever get an honest shot at treatment by the power structure. Then I looked at McCain, but after examining his record and his proposed policies I decided Bush V2.1 was not advisable. Then he had the incredibly poor judgement to select that incompetent twit Palin as a running mate - purely as a sop to the female voters. Out of the rest of the field, all parties considered, Obama seemed the least obnoxious, so I voted for him.

It begins to seem a poor choice, but then, I've never seen a candidate at election time I actually thought might do the job properly.

3. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

well ive come to realize it doesnt matter who you vote for.
    however i voted mccain this time.not that i thought he was great BUT he has definetly served this country in ways that bama mama could never imagine.hes became a **** cripple serving this country and i dont know how anyone could vote for obama who had next to no experience over a man who did what john mccain did.
    even if he was a dudd.

4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I voted for McCain. Even though he would have continued to increase spending and grow government, I think he would have been much better than OhBahMah. Before he won the election, I already knew that he was a left wing radical. He told you as much in the way he voted, who he "hung out" with, and in his own memoirs. (What dooshbag pens TWO memoirs before accomplishing anything noteworthy. He must think very highly of himself!)

So when he says one thing and does another (no pork, no lobbyists, etc.), it does not surprise me at all. I think a lot of people that voted for him voted for style over substance (well, maybe not much more substance). I think a lot of OhBahMah voters are regretting their choice as they see the attack on free markets and liberty in general.

So we'll all have to suck it for 3+ more years. Hope you libs are happy now!

5. scokes

scokes Member

I didn't vote, so you won't hear me bi*ch. I don't beleive in our Electoral College. I mean, what kind of democracy is that? An indirect election... I do vote local and state, but that is the extent of it. If we can put the right people in office in our own home towns, then the BS will begin to trickle uphill.

How many other countries hold a "citizens vote" but have a small group of people how make the final decision no matter what the people want?
    ex. Tilden-Hayes(1877), Cleveland-Harrison(1888), W. Bush-Gore(2000)

6. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I voted McCain because I honestly saw all this coming. I knew we were in trouble when hillary started talking about shared prosperity. To me nothing is more scary than when a candidate talks about "change" without mentioning specifically what the change is in a written, structured, organized outline. I took a few eastern European history classes in collage from a very gifted history teacher that specialized in Eastern European peasantry. This all sounded way too familiar to me... its almost like I had seen this movie before.

Really I think we were primed for this election with 8 years of anti Bush propaganda to the point that anything associated as opposite of Bush was almost guaranteed victory. Sorry if this offends anybody but if you voted for Obama you really are pretty gullible. If you still believe in Obama you really are downright stupid and will believe anything.

i remember watching the guy on CNN announce the victory while I was in Vegas at the SEMA show. I'll never forget seeing the election count on the big a** TV on the side of the building @ planet hollywood. I remember seeing a guy coming down the escalator towards the street screaming "yes, alright". I had a sinking feeling like my world was about to drastically change for the worse, and that these idiots actually voted this guy in.

Well here we... 7 months later and as I had expected, this guy has made a chaotic disaster out of a small hicup in the economy. This would all be over if he had just come out and said

"ok everybody, the economy is pretty bad so we are going to suspend the capital gains taxes for 2 years and hold income taxes steady for 4. So all you investors get out there and invest." But no... instead he borrowed more money from the chinese than we are capable of paying back to fund stupid programs that don't mean anything, wages war on wal street, vilifies anybody making any real money, and is now trying to fundamentally change the way our healtcare system works. Whats next?

If you voted for this guy it's ok... If you voted for this guy and still think he is doing a good job it's not ok and it's time to wake up. The next election cycle is only a few months away. now... it is important to research who you are going to vote for and why before you get to the polls. If you are unsatisfied with where our country is and where it is going I encourage you to vote and vote wisely... Many people have died for this right to vote and it is time to take it seriously.

7. kerf

kerf Guest

When McCain (noted moderate, "I believe in nothing") got the nomination, I vowed to stay home. When he picked Palin (I still love that gal), I decided to vote McCain / Palin. I will say I wasn't surprised or upset when The Fascist Obama won. This had to happen, Democrat or Republican, government was out of control. I knew The Fascist Obama would push the country to the brink of civil war with his radical Marxist agenda. Only then would the complacent masses become engaged and maybe things can really change.

Been practicing the old "Rebel Yell".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToeY7MkCm0c

http://www.rebelyellwhiskey.com/

Take your pick.

8. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

If this is how real "change" had to happen, I'm almost glad OhBahMah got elected. It is good to see both Democrat and Repblicans going to these town hall meetings on ObamaCare and giving them h3ll. OhBahMah's comments on the protesters is beneath the dignity of the office of the President, but we all knew he was, so his amaturish behavior is expected. Poor OhBahMah, the "community organizer" is now now whining when his own tactics are being used against him. He's called out his union thugs to intimidate, but it is firing up people even more.

9. give me vtec

I think it's funny that he really did end up being the great unite-er. I have never seen so many liberals and conservatives gather in one place under the same ethos.

10. give me vtec

what exactly WASN'T working then, and what exactly IS is working now??? I really am curious, cause I have heard this before and it confuses me?? Can you elaborate?

What was wrong with McCain/Palin??? Also curious?

11. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I voted Bob Barr and really thought he'd have a shot, being the only one who made any sense in the election at all. The only reason he didn't pull more votes is because the media refused to let him debate against the big 2.

It dosen't make sense that we had to listen to the loosers of the big 2 primaries and were not allowed to here a different set of opinions. Our Media and Government are seriously corrupt. http://www.lp.org/ We would be much freer to enjoy our hobby now, I garentee it!

12. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

I guess that most here already know that
    I do not care for my Obama M _ _ _ much
    he seems to be doing away with much of what I have worked a life time for
    but for the give away free money program lovers
    guess he is great ??
    that is alright because according to most Bible scholars
    the USA is not mentioned in the end times
    Obama may just be doing exactly what God wants him to
    is he playing a part in our demise ??
    MM

13. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

if this is CHANGE I perfer the GOOD OLD THING

if this is CHANGE I perfer the GOOD OLD THING

14. kerf

kerf Guest

Keep faith MM, we know not the Mind of the Almighty. Sacrifices will be made, some will pay with broken bodies, others with broken lives but we will see the change He wants. We will not raise our hand to those that beat us but we will tell the nation what is happening. Our sword is the written word of the Constitution as well as the Book.

15. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

You know, there's a famous quote I like as regards voting and democracy:

16. sparky

sparky Active Member

Obama... tho, I wish I could have written in for Ron Paul. Lesser of the two evils is still an evil. Too bad we can't abolish the electoral college and add instant-runoff voting. Then people could actually choose who they truly felt was best, without needing to focus on only two parties that say different things but really aren't that different at all.

Liberty 4 Life. Integrity 4 Life. Peace 4 Life. Free Trade 4 Life. Small Government 4 Life.

Vote Libertarian in 2010 and 2012. I just want socialized health insurance... that's all. Then we can get back to dropping other government and non-government agencies (IRS, Federal Reserve, Dept of Education, Homeland Security, ), stopping government wars on civil liberties, government wars on a fictitious yet growing enemy because the government itself is creating the enemy, who has no real geography, by killing their families and tearing their infrastructure only for us to rebuild it in the name of securing guaranteed to be profitable contracts, government wars on weed (and perhaps even drugs in general; criminalization of drugs is a huge killer to our society for too many reasons) all in the name for corporate government profits as well as the many industries who are scared of the huge potential threat marijuana businesses would bring.

I think the corporate governments are what we need to end. Just return to common law, where you don't harm someone, harm their property, or commit fraud... and the cops won't need to waste their time worrying about paperwork and transporting INNOCENT HUMAN BEINGS to jail for their own personal choices. I should be able to drive 100 mph on the Interstate without my seatbelt so long as I'm never on anyone's a$$... and ride a motorcycle without a helmet... and open/conceal carry nearly any weapon of choice without permits/fees, so long as I'm not a felon... and smoke weed in my home, transport it on my person, grow it even... and own property without having to pay taxes... and marry and divorce without such an unnecessarily complicated and expensive process... and many more things. Individuals need to be the their own government. Stand up for your selves. The cops should be our friends, not our adversaries... but they're always trying to get money from us one way or another to keep their job and even get more, new buddies.

When will the people ever stand up to the corporate government in unison, tho?