Operation Garden Plot

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zev0, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Zev0

Zev0 Member

If this doesn't scare you I don't know what will. Given the unrest in our country today.

Operation Garden Plot
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Garden Plot is a general U.S. Army and National Guard plan to respond to major domestic civil disturbances within the United States. The plan was developed in response to the civil disorders of the 1960s and is now under the control of the U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM). It provides Federal military and law enforcement assistance to local governments during times of major civil disturbances.

It defines tax protesters, militia groups, religious cults, and general anti-government dissenters as terrorists. It calls for deadly force to be used against any extremist or dissident perpetrating any and all forms of civil disorder. (Annex A, section b of Operation Garden Plot)

Garden Plot was last activated (as Noble Eagle) to provide military assistance to civil authorities following the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States. The Pentagon also activated it to restore order during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.

Under Homeland Security restructuring, it has been suggested that similar models be followed.

"Oversight of these homeland security missions should be provided by the National Guard Bureau based on the long-standing Garden Plot model in which National Guard units are trained and equipped to support civil authorities in crowd control and civil disturbance missions." Testimony of Major General Richard C. Alexander, ANGUS (Ret.), Executive Director, National Guard Association of the United States, Senate Appropriations Committee Hearing on Homeland Defense, April 11, 2002

Do a google search on Garden Plot and see all the really bad things that might happen.

2. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

are you trying to tell us something zevo????

3. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Trying to let you know, that when we pick up our weapons for the revolution, we will be met with resistance.

4. give me vtec

of coarse... who would we be shooting at otherwise???

5. give me vtec

just kidding... thanks for the info, I will fit it into the puzzle of all that is going on right now. Its crazy that we have to think about things like this.

6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

He's letting us know tat our government is no better than the Chinese communists. (tianenmen square)

7. kerf

kerf Guest

With regard to this country and our history, when does defending the Union become perpetuating tyranny? I believe that this will have to be determined by the Federal Government's adherence to the letter and intent of the Constitution. The Constitution is a contract, between the States, that formed our "limited" central government. It is the set of rules that places limitations on Federal authority and power.

Members of Congress have openly admitted that they are above the Constitution and said "most every thing we do isn't in the Constitution". Our choice is simple, follow the path of liberty set forth by our Founders or submit to tyranny because of apathy and cowardice. I've already made my choice, how about you?

8. give me vtec

yes... but we are considerably... uh... better equipped for the task than your average late 80's chinaman, who was lucky to have a radio, a bike, and enough rice to feed his family for the month.

9. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I have heard people say that US troops will refuse to fire onn US cibilians in the event of an insurrection. I seriously doubt that there is much truth to such claims, for one simple reason - history shows differently. There are numerous examples that prove troops will in fact fire on their countrymen quite readily, beginning with Shay's Rebellion, and carrying on from there. Heck, the US Navy shelled New York City at one point to put down riots.

So, the likelihood is great that, should that day come, poorly organized or unorganized insurrectionists will face formed troops in full battle rattle, with live ammo and orders to put down resistance by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. Those of you who have served, especially in infantry units, know exactly what that means - it means that any competent platoon can take down a mob of 100,000 people.

The best hope that any such effort might have is groups like the Oath Keepers - officers who acknowledge that their oath is to the Constitution, not to the butt in the chair in the Oval Office. I do not believe it will be enough. If it comes to armed insurrection, the country is already lost irretrievably. The 10th Amendment movement is by far a better option - if the legislatures of 38 states can be pressured to pass binding resolutions asserting the primacy of states rights and calling for a new constitutional convention, this nation might survive. However, a new convention is no sure thing either. The Constitution put forward by the last one very nearly failed of ratification - if it hadn't been for the Connecticut Compromise it likely would have failed.

Who, today, wears James Madison's shoes? Who, Thomas Jefferson's?

10. kerf

kerf Guest

Not a convention but force Congress to pass four amendments and send to the states for ratification.

(1) Term limits on the House of 6 years.

(2) End the popular vote for Senators and return their appointment to the Legislatures.

(3) No amendments may be added to any bill before the Congress.

(4) The Congress must balance the budget every year.

These four Constitutional Amendments would break the power grab that Washington has undertaken for the past 70 years.

11. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

State level politics is no less corrupt. Putting Senatorial appointments in the hands of state legislatures exclusively is an invitation to utter corruption, as history demonstrated. Which is why it was taken from the legislatures in the first place.

I'd put term limits on every elective office at any level - no more than two consecutive or three total terms in any given office, state or federal. I'd go for a balanced budget, but I'd go a bit further - ANY budget bill or tax bill may only be passed by a 2/3 majority vote in writing, and must be based upon monies actually in hand, not "projected revenues".