Optimal operating RPM for engine

WENSIAW

Local time
3:17 PM
My Robin EH025 engine has a max output at 7,000 rpm and max torque at 5,000 rpm.

What would be the optimal operating rpm for max balance of power, torque, fuel consumption and durability? Is it 5,000, 7,000 or somewhere in between?

My Robin EH025 engine has a max output at 7,000 rpm and max torque at 5,000 rpm.

What would be the optimal operating rpm for max balance of power, torque, fuel consumption and durability? Is it 5,000, 7,000 or somewhere in between?
These are bulletproof little motors and you are obsessing way too much....
I have a Robin EH035 and I ride it around at high revs most of the time, I don't worry about any of that stuff

Just listen to the engine where it sounds most comfortable
Change your oil and keep your air filter clean and it will last a very long time

Peak torque at 5000 rpm would be your answer
Look on the makers website

Last edited:
The manufacturers curve peak HP at near redline rpm and it will be screaming at 7k.
Conversely, it's not good to lug these little motors at throttle loads too far below peak torque. I remember a saying from my motocross days where we said to "keep it up on the pipe", meaning staying in the power band and of course, that was with a transmission.
With a single speed motorized bicycle that is usually overcome by pedaling.

Sounds Cool! Most Importantly It Is To Determine The Optimal Rpm For Max Torque And Power In Order To Determine The Gear Ratio That I Need For Climbing Steep Hills.

Fuel Consumption And Durability Comes Second.

Peak effiency is at at peak torque. Car makers gear cars to have engine rpm at or near torque at normal highway cruise speed.

Back