Original Whizzer Speedo

MaxGlide

Local time
12:56 AM
Can Anyone tell me if this is an original Whizzer speedo?

Just bought this.

Thanks.... Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 843
  • IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 528
Really? No one knows?

It looks too good to be original I think. Any pics I could find did not have the same pattern on the face. The layout looks "newer". Also, every pic i found had the odometer at the bottom?

yes the one is New York is the one I had committed to buy but as you can see it is not the same.

I also have a pic from a collectors showcase in Seattle that had four Whizzer speedos lined up and none of them looked like the one above.

The odometer is in a different place and the layout of the numbers is totally different.

I wonder if this is a repop from around 2000?

for $75 i wouldnt take a chance cause from the pics im seeing of authentic whizzer speedos im guessing its a fake.:poop:

$75.00 is about the price of a new model Whizzer Speedo. If that was original and in that condition it would easily sell for 10 times that much.

Jim

exactly! plus anyone can photo shop old ones to any size and design it to any speedo so go with your gut feeling u obviously dont feel its real

The vintage original 80 MPH Whizzer speedometer is approx worth $800.00 to $1200.00.

The unit is a re-pop, and won't even be close to the original [made by Stewart Warner].

I would suggest you consider the purchase as the current new edition speedometer are no longer available, and are now considered RARE.

Have fun,

Back