Oscar's successor:

Hal the Elder

Local time
7:19 AM
005.JPG005.JPGView attachment 47440005.JPGMEET "JERRY"!

Here's a bike I picked up today from the CSC MOTORCYCLE factory in Pomona, California. His name is JERRY.

It's a much improved replica of the legendary Mustang motorbike, which was produced from 1947 to 1963, until sales halted because people began buying the new Hondas which were flooding our shores from Japan. ("You meet the nicest people on a Honda") I fondly remember the original Mustangs from high school in the early 1950's.

In 2008, an enterpreneur began producing replicas of the Mustang in a converted aircraft hangar near the Pomona Fairgrounds.

The new resurrected Mustang which debuted in 2012 has a 250cc overhead cam, counterbalanced engine producing 18 HP, a 5-speed transmission, front & rear hydraulic disc brakes, electric and kick starters, variable ignition timing, and turn signals. The bike's 250-pound dry weight rides on 4.00x 12" tires.

With the 240-pound CEO of CSC aboard, one of these bikes reached 75 MPH!

They're pretty pricey...I paid four times as much for Jerry as I did for Oscar!

Ah well...
HAL

Last edited:
Thanks, Chris,

I rode Jerry for the first time today...a 1.8 mile trip through the neighborhood.

I have just one thing to say...HE'S NO OSCAR!!!

When I crossed my first intersection in first gear, I left my stomach behind at the stop sign!

HAL

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Back