Oscar's Test Ride Put On Hold...

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Hal the Elder, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

I just came down with the Gout, which means my foot will be out of action for a few days, meaning I won't be able to try out Oscar's new Higher-Compression Head and smaller Main Jet.

I'll have to temporarily cut out Alcoholic beverages, Caffeinated beverages, Red Meats and other High-Protein sources, and go on a bland diet, drink lots of water, take regular shots of Cherry Extract (a known Gout-Fighter), and keep my foot elevated.

So instead of twisting the Throttle, I'll be twisting the handle of my Cane, as I drag myself around the house!

In case you didn't know...Gout is PAINFUL!

(This must be my punishment for not using a Torque Wrench on the head!)
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Hal -- hope that you and Oscar are back up and running soon...

my buddy suffers from the Gout
    I don't think he knows about the Cherry Extract -- I will mention it to him

pulling for you to -- get well and ride that Oscar motor bike thing asap
  3. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Thanks, Mountainman!

Actually, anything with the natural chemistry of Cherries will help to neutralize the uric acid crystals that settle in the joints of the lower extremities, causing the foot pain.

This includes regular Cherries, Cherry Ice Cream, Cherry Soda, anything that has the essence of REAL Cherries in it. The Cherry Extract is just the essence of Cherries in super-concentrated form. The stuff my wife gives me to drink is "Black Cherry Concentrate", taken in a shot glass.

4. go-rebels

go-rebels Member

Hal, you should take daily doses of "Kirschwasser" (German Cherry Brandy). It's got the medicinal benefits of cherries + the [80 proof] secret ingredient will take care of the pain! I always bring a bottle back when I have business trips to Munich.
  5. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

HEY GO-REBELS: (now what IS that man's name?)

Kirschwasser literally translates to "Church Water" in German.

I'm sorry, but the alcoholic content of such a libation would only serve to exacerbate a situation which I'm trying to ameliorate!

You must have some lofty occupation, with business trips to Europe!

WOW! I never knew anybody who conducted business in Foreign Countries!

6. Baverian

Baverian Member

Hey Hal kirschwasser is cherry water
    kirche= church
    kirsche= cherry
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  7. Golddustpeak

Golddustpeak New Member

My sympathy goes out to you.

I understand your pain, I think at one time or another I've had an attack in every major joint.

Seems like it got better when I quit working due to stress, but it is time to start thinking about taxes (knock on wood).
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  8. seanhan

seanhan Member

Hope you feel better soon.
    So you can ride that Oscar thing...
  9. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Thank you for your sympathy and for the Church/Cherry correction!

These "Gout Bouts" are usually over in less than a week.

10. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Hope you get better soon. I would be going crazy with the pain and the unknowns about the improvements you made.

11. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Well, Jim...at my age you learn to put the anxiety on the back burner and just let time do the healing on its own shedule!

12. StillDream'n

StillDream'n Guest

I think that German Cherry Brandy :) might be worth a try!! Hope you get riding real soon so I can read your report!
  13. go-rebels

go-rebels Member

Hal, seriously, I hope the pain goes away and you can enjoy some Kirschwasser after a nice long ride on the Whizzer. It's pretty strong stuff and I usually have mine over ice. It does not have any cherry flavor, tasting more like a scotch or vodka.

And as to the "lofty job", I work for BMW in Procurement in South Carolina. They are based in Munich Germany so I make a few trips overseas to review new projects. The job is very difficult now with all the cash flow problems in the automotive supply base, of which we share with all US OEM manufacturers. You will hear of many bankruptcies of the Big-3 suppliers within the next 60 days. It will be devestating. Mark my words.
  14. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

Hi Hal, Hope you and Oscar are up and about soon. I want to know how the handlebars work out.
  15. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

I had no idea a "poor me" thread would generate so many responses!

Thanks, WhizzMasters!