Our Heritage #2

Well this bike is another replica using an original engine. It's a 1920 Evans Power Cycle. In the teens it was sold as a bicycle engine kit called"Cyclemotor" later was sold as a light weight motorcycle.I was given the engine kind of as a joke because it was in such bad shape. he thought of it more as a door stop. It took me a year just to get it apart. for its day it's a very tiny two stroke about 100cc I think rated at 1/2 horse. and it feels like 1/2 horse too. on level ground it might get up to 20 or 25. speed is best regulated by changing the spark advance. direct drive, no clutch. Pedal it to start the engine, and pull the compression release to stop.
246_evans3jpg_1.jpg

246_evans4Sjpg_1.jpg

BEUATIFUL!!! I really like your bikes antique-rider, they are works of art. Do you have a closer picture of the engine in this one?...Kelly

great machine they sold those engines worldwide as i have seen french liturature advertising them befor.wish i had your skills to make great replicas.are the rear belt drive pulleys obtainable anywhere at all.i need one for a 1920 hobart engine 150cc.came from a machine called a wee Mc kenzie and a couple of other bicycle like machines.

Thanks again for the nice comments Guys.
Kelly I'll try to get a couple of pics of the engine to post, kind of new at this "digital" photography stuff.
Luke, the rear drive pulley is a Whizzer sheave. this is an old one, but I know the new ones are available. ............Bob

srdavo said:

Ditto, dude. :eek:

That is such a cool bike....it gives me inspiration to eventually own a bike like that. Maybe not the motor, but at least the frame and everything else with my existng motor mounted on it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Barret, Yes, I think this 1920's design is perfect for the Chinese engines. ...........Bob

Back