our heritage

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by antique-rider, Jan 21, 2007.

1. 100+ years ago nuts like us were doing the same thing. this is one of my babies. I started with just the engine, and built the rest. so its considered a replica 1904 Indian.[​IMG]

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

holy carp, i LOVE it!!!
  3. Tom

Tom Active Member

That is badass. Its hard to belive that these things have been around for so long.
  4. Wheels

Wheels Guest

Amazing replica, is the short front fender a feature of the 1904? looks like a time machine.

5. Cookie

Cookie Guest

That looks sweet do you have any pics of the engin ??? I would love to see it better.

6. davidsis

davidsis Guest

That is just way too cool. Where did you get the parts?
  7. Thats a great looking bike. I bet 97% of people can't tell the difference. I think the rigid fork models had the cut fender like that. Does it have the hand grip spark control? Must be a blast to ride.
  8. Thanks for the nice replies fellas, to answer a few questions, yes the front fender was short on the rigid fork pre 1905, the throttle is on the LEFT grip, and the spark/compression release is on the RIGHT. most of the people that see it don't know it's mostly replica. there really wasn't many parts available when I built it in the late 1980's, and I couldn't afford them anyhow, so I built the tanks, and the frame from scratch. The saddle is an authentic . I'll see if I have some engine pics to post, it's fun to see what was "state of the art" 100 years ago. I have a couple more bikes up my sleeve I'll dig up some photos. ........Bob
  9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i bet i already know where one of 'em is, too, ya sneaky-snake :wink:
  10. Proboscis

Proboscis Guest

thats one bad ass mofo!!!
  11. luke

luke Guest

beautiful bike did indian produce there own engine or start of useing someone elses on their early bikes?
  12. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Hey, Aug does the seat look familiar. That is the one I showed ya on e-bay.
  13. Luke, the early engines were built by Aurora, and the same engines showed up on other bikes too like Thor and a few others. Bob
  14. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

Here's a picture of the real thing. Bob's looks quite accurate.
  15. tomcatfranks

tomcatfranks Guest

Man, it's really hard to believe that's not an original Indian! I've build this 1945 Chief replica, that quite a few people here (San Antonio, Texas) have thought was an original, but yours is hella convincing!!! SIMPLY MAGNIFICENT!!![​IMG]
  16. tomcatfranks

tomcatfranks Guest

Wait a min! that's not my Indian! I'll try again
  17. JE

JE Guest

I love the look of the Camel back Indian.
  18. Yeah Tomcat, I was gunna say.......? lets see the right pic