over 300 dollars invested and still not running

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by austin635, Nov 6, 2008.

1. austin635

austin635 New Member

Well...let me start off by saying I am sick to the stomach about this whole situation.

I bought a kit from powerkingshop on ebay on AUG. 11. I regret that so much.

After spending over 15 hours on the bike myself and ordering numerous parts I finally let a mechanic who specilizes in scooters look at it. He worked two hours on it (which cost me 68 bucks an hour) and found that the seals within the crankshaft were blown. The oil would then leak into the crank wheel making it slip. He asked if I had bought it new and I said yes, and he went on to tell me the only way those seals could break was if they were put in wrong. So I was sent a faulty engine. Great. I have spent over 300 dollars, and now I still just have scrap metal. Im so mad at powerkingshop. This is fraud.

Anything I can do to fix the bike? Anyone know poerkingshop and could help me get a new engine or refund? I sent powerkingshop an email today but I think its very likely I will never hear from them.

Sorry for venting steam on this fourm but I am desprate not to loose 300 dollars to nothing.

Thank you and if you can help me at all let me know.

Austin

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

if you used a credit card for the charge

should be no problem getting a refund

as you already have
    inform the company of the faulty engine
    should also send them a cert letter with a note from your mechanic
    keeping copies of all so as to give to credit card company for a full refund

ride that thing

3. QuadManiac

QuadManiac Member

Since you just informed the seller of the problem today, i would wait a bit before assuming he's going to screw you and accusing him of fraud. It's only fraud if he's complicit in the faulty hardware and then isn't interested in making it right for you.

Give him his due time to respond but be diligent in demanding a replacement.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  4. austin635

austin635 New Member

Well has anyone ever had luck with powerkingshop? I just assumed because I never got ahold of him about my problems before.

Unfortuantly I did not pay with a credit card.

Thank You

Austin

5. Mountainman

true not good to jump the gun here

well we know about that -- just assumed -- we shouldn't be going there...

what QuadManiac said above makes good sense...

if you can find a phone number you might try calling them also...

true not good to jump the gun here --

most dealers will send you a replacement engine...

so that you can -- ride that thing

6. beachcruiserD

beachcruiserD New Member

i went through powerkingshop myself....mine turned out okay, but the instructions were not for my kit....different colored wires, and bad quality pictures with poor english instructions....arg!
    Here is the phone # to their shop in Canada:604-420-0018
    tell them your situation and maybe something can be done....
    I have to call them because my muffler broke at the pipe/resonator weld, and i have only had the kit on since september this year.....go figure.

7. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

PowerKing shop

Thats weird, I have a Powerking engine that was bought also around August and it runs incredibly good, there must be 1 or 2 lemons in a good batch of motors. Call them and let us know what they say , they should send you another engine, if not then we all on M.B. will know about it.

8. austin635

austin635 New Member

Yeah I know I kinda jumped the gun...unfortuanatly I did in the email I sent them as well...but that's how I felt. I mean I was really mad about the whole situation, and I felt like I had just wasted my money.

The email basically just said that we needed to solve this..I did mention fraud but that's understandable. Because if they knew the engine was used and busted then it was technically fraud. Also what lead me to it being used was not only what the mechanic said but also the fact that when I originally opened the package a couple of the parts had rust on them.

Ill keep everyone updated.

Austin

9. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I find that people often go out of their way if you are polite and treat them with respect. If you sent them an email that accuses them of fraud, etc. - they may not "go the extra mile" for you. Remember that PKS did not manufacture the engine. All the engines I have bought from them were in factory sealed boxes. Some had bent cooling fins, or bent mounting studs - but all of them ran great.

10. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

seals

Austin, you are saying the mechanic told you the crankshaft seals are blown and theres oil leaking thru them into the clutch? Is this a 4 stroke engine you got from Power King?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  11. austin635

austin635 New Member

Dont worry I wasnt very rude. I did show frustration in my email but I didnt say F*&% You powerking. I basically explained the situation then went on to say I hope we can work this out.

The engine is a two stroke. The mechanic said that the seals were broken and that allowed the engine oil to leak onto the clutch.

Austin

12. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

From what others post, it usually takes a few day for these vendors to respond to emails. If you weren't too terribly rude, you have a better chance of a rosy outcome. Too many folks are quick to jump down the throats of retailers before giving them a chance. If PKS tells you to go screw off - then fire with both barrels. Hopefully, they will resolve your problem by either sending you new seals and a clutch - or better yet, a new engine!

13. Mountainman

hi Austin

so you have the phone no -- did you call them ?
    this seems like a good time for you to talk to them on the phone
    think you may wish to back track a little after using the fraud word
    that could be grounds for many -- to never want to e-mail you again
    just writing you off as an off the wall customer

this may end up being a lesson learnt for you here

if we are just throwing out the (fraud word)
    should be much thought before using it.....

I was also interested in the oil comment
    you said that oil had leaked through
    did you mean gas with a little oil ?

hope you get it up so you can -- ride that thing

14. spyke hyzer

spyke hyzer New Member

I also got my motor from powerking,I haven't had any problems with it. I did have a problem with a leaking gas tank. They took a few days to respond to my email but were helpful, I ended up JB welding it. They gave me a toll free # 1 877 565 6888 John is who I ended up talking to. Good luck and remember you'll draw more flies with honey.

15. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

blown seal

My thoughts too Mountainman, I have not had a 2 stroke engine with blown seals so Im not sure if gas and oil would blow thru the crankshaft seals? Does gas and oil get down into the crankcase?
    Austin ,did the mechanic actually show you the blown seals?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  16. BSA

BSA Guest

When a seal goes on a 2 stroke it generally leaks oil as very little gas is generally left behind in the crankcase. nearly all the gas goes up into the combustion chamber.

BSA

17. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

Oil

Thanks for the headsup BSA, so theres a film of oil all over the inside of the crankcase that keeps everything lubricated. Good to know. Austin keep us updated!!

18. austin635

austin635 New Member

Good news!!

I did jump the gun but powerkingshop is saving me now!

I talked to john and he said that I can send the motor back and if the seals are broken he will send me a new motor. Great Customer Care.

Thank You everyone for your input

Austin