p.n.w.- riders. second annual national rally, ocean park wa. 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey bill, an after hours swap meet can be arranged, the 2 lots across from my place will be available for use, i dont wanna ruffle anybodys feathers so well see how it all develops, will work on dates & times but we schedule around existing events here on the peninsula as not to ruffle the local feathers & stay in good standing with the local law enforcement ect. the rod run is an excelent time for those vendors who may wish lots of exposure & sales, will get in touch with car club to see if we can purchase booth space excetra!! thousands of motorheads are here at this time & is a great opprotunity! so there are lots of things to think about! & lots of angles to work through as a expanding event! well do our best to keep all happy within reason! #1 is safe ambasadorship for motoredbikes ,helmets, lights, under 30 mph ect! this can be a big thing if we play our cards right! its about the ride & lifestyle for us here at the beach, rock on motoredbikers!! your gonna love it!!

Me and my other half will be there for sure it will be fun we are dying to go for a ride. We sold the chrome one just two weekends after that but already have a cool stretched Dyno cruiser in the works now so it will be fun to do it again with an even more comfortable bike :D Count us in for the entire weekend this time around just keep us posted for dates and times.

btw....I agree maybe to keep it simple for the first few years to really get your feet wet then maybe let it expand and grow its always has worked best for other fun rally's I have attended that are now huge. Just my 2 cents.

I agree a small swap night at waveys would be good. Nothing complicated.

Exactly. We will not be building a Walmart in your fair town. Nothing pushy, nothing too formal. If permits are needed to set up booths, then either get the permits or not set up booths. You guys know Jim and me now. How sales oriented are we? We didn't even have business cards. I highly doubt the town would be all upset if there were a van with "Sick Bike Parts" magnetic signs. Yes, I could see 50 vans with all all kinds of hawking going on, from Exxon/Mobil to food to patchouli bead vendors.....I agree, a bit much. Is this the REAL concern?

To say: "NO sales" well that should apply to all involved, at all levels. It's unreasonable. It's not human nature.

oh geez...we're comparing extremes...let me say instead "NO rally-affiliated sales." we know how fragile the engine-politics are, throwing official sales (i.e. competition) into the mix so soon will impair our growth, mark my words. when we develop a stable platform & level playing field, we can open up the commercial aspect to ALL sellers at one time.

right now, the rally remains all about the bbq & the ride...we need to attract numbers and interest.

the commemorative pads/pencils we handed out? perfect for giving contact info to a curious civilian, conduct any actual sale at a later time. sales between riders? well, shoot, that's easily handled from the back of the truck, or at the proposed private swap.

are we ready to set up booths? nope. lotsa local guv'mint and merchants to schmooz before we get there...and we'll have to prove ourselves by behaving ourselves for a few years.

the state park will hand out permits for organized recreational gatherings, it seems they prefer we had gotten one for this year. a commercial event wouldn't be allowed...

when we finally go "big time" we'll have to use another venue, & the school-park in the middle of town would be a great option. it'd be great if we could "rally" 'round the idea of a 5-year plan to success.

better?

EDIT: go to www.funbeach.com and see the '09 schedule of events, we need to find our "own" weekend in there somewhere.

Last edited:
HI All I think A small swap between riders is great. Thanks wavy for checking in to the lots. do,s anyone else want to talk about dates.It would be nice if it would work with the family gig.bill green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back