Pabst blue ribbon beer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by plinko, May 23, 2010.

1. plinko

plinko Banned

I know there are beers like heineken,becks,and budweiser most people prefer.But,I must say I got my first 6 pack of pabst blue ribbon and find It to be very drinkable and smooth. established In 1844 In milwaukee.I like this beer pretty good for a general cheap beer.Even better than budweiser or miller.Pabst blue ribbon rules!!!

2. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

PBR works just find when you can't find Schlitz.

3. nvrgoingslow

nvrgoingslow New Member

i worked for a pbr distributor, pbr is the #1 selling sub premium brand beer in san diego,

4. plinko

plinko Banned

Pabst blue ribbon Is great beer.Actually drinkable and fairly priced.I like yeungling's also.

5. plinko

plinko Banned

Have not seen schlitz In a long time or rolling rock

6. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Pabst was the best budget beer for years, then in the late 90's it became "yuppie cool" and ended up costing the same as Bud.
    Thankfully that passed and good 'ole Pabst is once again the best budget beer.

7. plinko

plinko Banned

Thank God the yuppies did not keep up that trend and pabst went back to us blue collar guys.I love pabst:tt1:

8. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

Back when I was a young feller, I worked in a Blimpie sub shop in a college town. We sold way more beer than food. The "bucket" was a 32 oz. white plastic cup. We sold buckets of PBR for 50 cents during happy hour--which was most of the time.
    Lucky for us, God loves both drunk and fool alike, and there was LOTS less traffic on the roads in them days.

I tell my kids and nieces and nephews, that's how my generation ruined it for them.

9. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Ya, hehehe, that we did. That, and all the "prissy pants" that didn't get come with us came into power and that was that.

Funny thing is, I am good with most of the restrictions they they put on youth now, sort of...

I just think youth is the time to make mistakes and learn from them.
    I never did, I just grew out of the phase. Now at 50 I feel every dumb injury I ever had and they haunts me worse every year, so I want to keep my kid safe and warn him.

On the other hand, many of my best adventure stories are about those times I had between kid and responsible adult.

The problem with this last generation is few actually want to become a responsible adult these days.
    I know, I have a 20 year old son that way now

10. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

I feel your pain. My kids (almost 20 and almost 22) are far better than I deserve--my daughter even has three jobs to help pay for summer school, but **** BOY! GET A JOB!

11. WhizBangAndy

WhizBangAndy Member

I agree..PBR is a great way to keep happy after everything has eaten a hole in your bank account. Natural Ice is too but thats a whole other story:jester:

12. will_start

will_start Member

To prevent that hole in the bank account getting bigger. I started making my own beer.

Is that a whole other subject ?

13. WhizBangAndy

WhizBangAndy Member

Making your own beer is fun but is barely cheaper unless you are brewing some top shelf stuff. Especially when Natural Ice and PBR are going for around 11 a 30 pack (2.8 gallons) but homebrew does tase a whole lot better than either..:grin5:

14. Molotov256

Molotov256 Member

True enough - I got into homebrew for a while, but it was difficult to make anything cheaper than a PBR or High Life. I guess if I stopped trying to make really good beers, I could essentially use a weak malt and skip all the hops and specialty grains, but then homebrewing would be less of a hobby and more of a perfunctory production method.

PBR was definitely my beer of choice for quite some time. I'm on a Miller High Life kick right now on account of their "High Life Gear" gimmick... every package of High Life I get gives me points which I can redeem for random ****, lol... Honestly, though, I rather like High Life, "The Champagne of Beers".

I've lived in Saint Louis for a few years now, the heart of the Budweiser Empire, and I cannot figure out this country's relative obsession with Budweiser products - I know it's got a rich history and all (what with an anticlimactic sellout to European distribution conglomerate InBev, but nobody seems to heed that part of Anheuser-Busch history), but it doesn't seem to offer any flavor, quality, or beer-buzz improvements to justify the cost.

15. will_start

will_start Member

Well this may surprise you, but Alcohol is expensive to buy in Australia
    due to the high level of taxation on it.

A case of beer, which is 24 x 375 ml bottles, costs between $38-60, depending on brand.
    I can make a relatively well priced beer brand, at $50 per case, for about $4,
    when done at home. Hence the reason I am brewing.

And if you like to go to pubs it can cost between $4-8 per 375ml glass,
    dependant on location. Even more tax there...

16. WhizBangAndy

WhizBangAndy Member

I didn't notice where you were from Will when I posted..

Sorry bout that!

Thats definitely more than here even with the exchange rate. A decent malt extract kit here costs about $40 USD with shipping and then you got about $2 worth of propane to boil it for an hour. Then if you keg the beer its another couple of dollars for the CO2 to dispense it. Considering a case of Craft beer is about $35-50 its pretty much a wash.

17. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

PBR is the beer you buy when all you have is $6 to your name. PBR is the beer you buy when you go back later to the beer store. On a 1st date you do not buy PBR to impress a gal. PBR is the beer you keep in the fridge for your beer sucking buddies who never buy beer.

18. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

My 1 1/2 cents, the best brew in the upper midwest, brewed in Wisconsin, and sold thru the total Chiicago Area, is '"Heileman's Old Style"...beer of choice at Wrigley Field, Chicago Forum, and Comeskiy Park!!! Also, at a Tavern, Lounge, or Wattering Hole near you.!!!!