Paint choices... Copper and Red?

Discussion in 'Painting, Welding, Bending and Gas Tanks' started by Oddzball, May 18, 2011.

1. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

Stripping my bike frame and everything down for a fresh coat of paint, and just wanted some opinions. I am trying to go for the old vintage look, i have an old schwinn type beach cruiser and am thinking of going with a copper metallic and red highlights/accents..

Does this sound good? I am not sure if the red will mesh well with a metallic copper color.

2. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Member

Super classic is going to be red with white trim/pinstripe, and black and or chrome hardware.

Copper with red would be tough to pull off well, the copper would have to be really dark for the red to pop and not clash, and it being metallic makes me think it wouldn't turn out as well.

Why not go copper hardware, parts and pinstripe with a red frame?

3. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

Think more or a bronze/orange copper metallic...

4. bomble37

bomble37 Member

like this?

[​IMG]

5. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

to dark but, sorta like your rim color.

6. bomble37

bomble37 Member

well my wife thinks its ugly, but I like it! the mismatch color looks cool to me like I'm not trying too hard.:grin5:

7. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Member

If it's roughly the same color as those rims but metallic, I would go with a really deep flat red, like scarlet.

8. bomble37

bomble37 Member

rims were painted flat metallic copper with gloss clear. pic is just really bad. not a lot of sparkle though