Pant cuff suggestion....

bluegoatwoods

Local time
1:10 PM
I should have thought of mentioning this before.

Most of us will be familiar with the pant leg "cinchers" from bicycle shops. They're often reflective with a piece of Velcro at the ends to fasten them around your ankle and keep your pant leg out of your chain. They're nice. But they usually cost 6 to 8 bucks, they're cheaply made and don't last long and when one of them breaks (all too soon) you have to make a trip to the bike shop. And maybe find that they don't have any or that the ones they have are shoddy.

To get around this I got myself a roll of Velcro. It's two-sided stuff, the rough part on one side, the soft part on another. I think it's 25 or 30 feet. Smaller than a large pancake, though a bit thicker. Fits in the tool bag with a pair of scissors easily. I got mine at Harbor Freight for, I think, $6.95.

Now my cuffs are always fastened. If I lose one I just cut another piece off and it can be used for other miscellaneous fastening jobs.

Definitely a handy item to carry.

I suppose that will work....if you just have to wear pants when you're riding.

I agree with HoughMade--I usually ride pants-less. The neighbors are not too thrilled, but it feels so good that I can't help it!!! (hardy-har)

But seriously, that's a really good idea, BGW, and thanks!

I might've been inclined to ride pants-less.

But they tarred and feathered the last guy who tried that in these parts.

So...........not just now :)

Znsanerider, shame on you!!!

You should warn people when you link to a photo like that....

I'm still gagging. It'll probably last half the night.
:)

Holey carp I hadn't eaten break'ast yet.....put something on that thang.

I bought a roll of 3/4 wide elastic at a fabric store, and a card of 3/4" velcro squares - both together cost me $2.48, with sales tax. Cut a length of the relastic, then ironed the two side of a velcro square to it using stitch witchery fabric iron-on cement. I have enough stuff to make 5 more of these straps, and the first one works quite well to secure my baggy legged (gotta have baggy legs to allow room for my leg brace on the right side) pants. Won't wear shorts while biking - I've lost plenty of skin over the years, and really dislike road rash. Besides, the knee high support stocking I have too wear under the brace is kinda ugly.

Back