Peace be with YOU...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sparky, Aug 19, 2009.

1. sparky

sparky Active Member

Taken from here: http://www.antiwar.com/quotes.php

O peace! how many wars were waged in thy name.

~Alexander Pope

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.

~Albert Einstein

The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding.

~Albert Camus

Every man thinks god is on his side.

~Jean Anouilh

Do they think if we destroy our freedoms for the terrorists they will no longer have a reason to attack us?

~Ron Paul

The obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people.

~Ron Paul

The executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question, whether there is or is not cause for declaring war.

~James Madison

It's one thing to fight for what you believe in, another thing to fight for what others believe in.

~James Wolcott

Why should we hear about body bags, and deaths...I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?

~Barbara Bush

Blind faith in your leaders or in anything will get you killed.

~Bruce Springsteen

How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!

~Samuel Adams

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.

~James Madison

It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty.

~John C. Calhoun

Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.

~Rosa Luxemburg

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

~Abraham Lincoln

The demands of internal growth are incomparably more important to us...than the need for any external expansion of our power.

~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Probably, no nation is rich enough to pay for both war and civilization. We must make our choice; we cannot have both.

~Abraham Flexner

No one has ever succeeded in keeping nations at war except by lies.

~Salvador de Madariaga

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

~Adolph Hitler

In war, truth is the first casualty.

~Aeschylus

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.

~Albert Einstein

No matter what political reasons are given for war, the underlying reason is always economic.

~A. J. P. Taylor

War is the tool of small-minded scoundrels who worship the death of others on the altar of their greed.

~John Cory

Name me an emperor who was ever struck by a cannonball.

~Charles V of France

War, n: A time-tested political tactic guaranteed to raise a president's popularity rating by at least 30 points. It is especially useful during election years and economic downturns.

~Chaz Bufe

We say that we care about the war, but we don't even really know what we're fighting for.

~Scott Ritter

Tis not, 'my country right or wrong'; tis, 'my country, that which is right to be kept right, that which is wrong to be set right'

~Senator Carl Schurz (MO)

National defense is the usual pretext for the policy of fleecing the people.

~Senator John Taylor

The best defense is no offense.

~Dr. Ivan Eland

If there is no sufficient reason for war, the war party will make war on one pretext, then invent another...after the war is on.

~Senator Robert M. La Follette

A tyrant has succeeded in his search for absolute power when his own people fear to question his actions.

~Ramman Kenoun

Force always attracts men of low morality.

~Albert Einstein

You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.

~Jeanette Rankin

After every ''victory'' you have more enemies.

~Jeanette Winterson

We all have to be concerned about terrorism, but you will never end terrorism by terrorizing others.

~Martin Luther King III

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

Peace is constructed, not fought for.

~Brent Davis

The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles on which it was founded.

~Charles-Louis De Secondat

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

~Thomas Pynchon

No protracted war can fail to endanger the freedom of a democratic country.

~Alexis de Tocqueville

There never was a good war or a bad peace.

~Benjamin Franklin

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

~Albert Einstein

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I see at least one quote that was taken out of context in a weak attempt to discredit someone.

It doesn't take much talent to "copy and paste" from a website with an agenda. You should have posted this in the CC where it belongs.

3. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Whoops my bad, it is in the CC. FREE FOR ALL!!!!

4. sparky

sparky Active Member

Peace == Combustible

5. sparky

sparky Active Member

Which?

6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

7. sparky

sparky Active Member

Hmm... Barbara Bush??

8. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Ya think?

9. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Arceeguy,you are without a doubt a very and I mean very suspicious person.

Thought Ron Paul hit it on the head.

SPARKY! Is this the real you? You have been hiding behind the BS. I knew it!

Steve.

10. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Suspicious person? How?

(they shut down the flag@whitehouse.gov email if that's what you were thinking :) )

11. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Arceeguy,boy your RCG on the spot.

Barbra Bush?

Steve.

12. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

some good ones in there!

13. sparky

sparky Active Member

Her comment discredits her entire family, while at the same time... advocates peace. Nobody wants to hear that junk, because nearly everybody inherently wants peace... and that was the intention of the creation of the "united States of America" (sic).

Apparently, she started off saying she didn't want to hear about body bags and death count on the news, because most everything on the news isn't true anyway... but then she ends up saying that it's not something she should waste her beautiful mind on. Body bags are for the primitive farm boys.

Interesting. :thinking:

14. sparky

sparky Active Member

Those who love peace must learn to organize as well as those who love war.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King

And not quite so much about peace, but more about Democracy...

Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government.

~Thomas Jefferson

The basis of our government being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to kept that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have government without newspapers, or newspapers without government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.

~ Thomas Jefferson

Dictatorships are one-way streets. Democracy boasts two-way traffic.

~ Albert Moravia