Pedals Of Death

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by drimpact, Jul 31, 2007.

1. drimpact

drimpact Member

My wife said this thing was going to kill me, hence the name Pedals of Death!

The expansion pipe is killer loud, but once this thing warms up and comes up on the pipe.. wow :D. The motor is my Kings 80. it is my oldest motor, I have been thru 3 bike computers, 4 rear wheels, 2 sets of brake shoes, 5 exhaust gaskets, 2 intake gaskets, several skinned knuckles, a bruised knee cap, and many many hours of fun in the sun. My mileage estimate is 2500 miles (+- 250) it seems to have lost a couple of MPHs as time has gone by but it still cruises at a steady 28-30MPH and will top out over 35. 38.7 is the current max speed on my latest speedo. I have gone over 40 going downhill with the wind at my back and an air leak at the manifold. Not recommended!:rolleyes:

Here is a close up of the motor and pipe.

The pipe came from spooky tooth a couple of years ago. I have been trying since then to get another with no luck. :(

more to come...

2. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

I dig that; sounds like it's a lot of fun, and has done well for ya'!
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

looks and sounds like a lot of fun miles on your bike
  4. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Nice ride Drimpact ! :cool:
  5. irish13

irish13 Guest

LOL great man!......oooohhhhh i was wondering who took the tuned pipe to my honda cr250! ha ha just kidding dude, nice ride man.
  6. Love the pipe.....Just curious how long ago did you get it and what did it cost?

7. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Hey, I got a Kings too but not near the miles you have on it. I want to know where you found that TREK gas tank? Argh!
  8. drimpact

drimpact Member

I got it two years ago, I think it cost me $75
  9. drimpact

drimpact Member

Kings gas tank, Trek sticker.

I need to take more pics now I have my MBc tank stickers
  10. drimpact

drimpact Member

This is motoered bike # 2.

So far I love it! Only 200 miles into it but it has been a blast to ride.

It's back seat

11. drimpact

drimpact Member

This is how the tagalong attaches to bike

And finally why I needed a back seat

It will still pull 25-30 depending on wind. And as always it's smiles all around:p:p:p:p
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  12. Tom

Tom Active Member

that is so cool! Does he get a lot of exhaust back there? Do you notice a difference in performance with the stock muffler?
  13. drimpact

drimpact Member

I have gotten no complaints of exhaust fumes bothering the boys.

I chopped the baffle in this pipe. It does OK, but I am going to steel the expansion pipe from POD1 tomorrow or Monday and see how much difference it makes.
  14. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Ohhh, that's a nice one! So you gonna rack up another million miles on this one too?!?!
  15. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

might i suggest a sticker in place of the trek sticker?it whould seriously add a touch of class to a well built machine!! or is it just me?
  16. drimpact

drimpact Member

I cannot agree more! I have been lapse in taking newer pictures of my 1st bike (POD1) since I put on my stickers.

POD2 sticker-ed!

The black sticker looks great on the black tank, but I am going to have some letter only stickers made up locally to go with my purple tank, and a friends grabber lime one.
  17. drimpact

drimpact Member

Thanks for the comment!

I Like this new bike, Handles great on and off road, stops on a dime, and the motor is getting stronger every ride. I hope to retire POD1 now, (Terrible brakes) and far surpass it in miles with the new one. But as always time will tell!
  18. drimpact

drimpact Member

New Pics with new stickers

19. Looks good! I love the tagalong - my wife may kill me if I proposed such an arrangement.