Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by ren, Jul 3, 2008.

1. ren

ren Guest

Are the pedals on my 2007 24" Whizzer 1/2" or 9/16" and will any bike pedal the right size work.

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

They should be 9/16", as the pedals on my 2005 NE% are 9/16". The bike should accept any 9/16" pedals. I fittted a set of Union retro-styled bow pedals to mine.
  3. peter nap

peter nap Member

I might dig out a set of clipless and see if I can get a few extra MPH out of it (just kiddinng):shock:
  4. Whizzer Pedals

Hi Whizzer Pedals are 1/2 inch, almost all one-piece cranks are 1/2. I have used these cranks on other projects, and have sold quite a few 1/2 inch is the size.

The wrench is 15mm, is that where you are getting your 9/16?.

5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Mike, thank you for correcting my mistake. With all the vintage bicycles I've restored, I should know that. You're right, 9/16" was the size of the wrench I was using (as I don't have metric crescent wrenches). Ren, my apologies for giving you some bum information. I hope you didn't run out and get 9/16" pedals!
  6. ren

ren Guest

Thanks guys, 1/2" it is. Haven't bought any yet. Where is a good online place to look at different old school styles.

7. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Try Memory Lane Classics ( ). They should have what you need. If you want old school styles (block pedals or bow pedals) but with reflectors, BikeWorldUSA ( ) is a good choice.
  8. ren

ren Guest

I'll check those places out, thanks again for your help. When I get done with mods I'll post some pics. Can I do that here or should I do that in the picture gallery?
  9. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

You can post them here, but it would be better to start an album in the photo gallery.
  10. ren

ren Guest

Ok thanks, when I get ready I'll see if I can figure it out.