Pending bill to be legal in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Laws, Legislation & Emissions' started by JinbaIttai, Nov 18, 2008.

1. JinbaIttai

JinbaIttai Member

Just so it's in black and white, here is the proposed motorized bike law in Hawaii.

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/site1/docs/getstatus2.asp?billno=HB2421

Unfortunately they removed 50cc or less from the books in this legal undelete. Although it's warm all year and strong winds blow away all smog, it will be non-legal to have a motorized bike in the most ideal of all states. You can thank Segway lobbyists for this mess.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

so is it just about elect MBs ---- are gas engines included ?

ride that thing

3. loquin

loquin Active Member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  4. JinbaIttai

JinbaIttai Member

5. loquin

loquin Active Member

Wow. Never heard of an Electronic motor...

6. RidingJesus

RidingJesus New Member

I hope you folks in Hawaii can ride without worry. It should be considered just a bicycle regardless of the electric motor being aboard.

My prayers are that Hawaii can be a great place to ride.

7. idiosyncratic

idiosyncratic New Member

*sigh*
    I wish more of Hawaii's legislators and politicians actually rode bicycles, motorized (motored) bicycles, and/or mopeds. Then they'd actually see all the problems/ challenges that we face.

I like to ride my bicycle, own a couple of mopeds, and in the process of making a motorized (motored) bicycle.

I'll have to start digging and paying attention more to what kind of bills that are coming out and start participating in fighting some of these nonsense bills!!!