Perfect bike that will fit: Flying Horse Bullet Train Electric Start Engine

Coaster brakes work fine "if" you know what your doing. But everyone has there own opinion. I got that bike from walmart not bb. Lol not any better but im not worryed about the small stuff any bicycle that fits the engine will do because you can modify the bike from ground up.
I can add disc, v, or c type brakes with jus drilling a hole or 2 in the forks/frame on ANY bike.
The real question is how much do you want to spend in the end. So me i go cheap then replace the parts to better parts or add whatever i want to.

Theres NO limits on building these things (except the law) so make it what you want and enjoy the thrill of this fantastic hobby

Coaster brakes work fine "if" you know what your doing. But everyone has there own opinion.
If you knew what you doing you would know that
NO MOTORIZED BIKE IS SAFE WITH JUST A COASTER BRAKE, EVER!

If you feel you are safe because you 'know what your doing', I highly recommend you double up medical coverage and body armor because it's not a matter of IF you will wreck because of not enough brake, it's just a matter of WHEN.

There is no such thing as too much brake, only not enough, and just a coaster brake is not enough.

Already have on 3 bikes smart ass im no newb when it comes to crafting and engineering. You over here acting like you invented the bicycle concept. i know what coaster brakes are capable of iv had tons of MBs with them and they stop me just fine i have tested the stopping power against all types of brakes. stop being so sensitive about your s**t like i mentioned before everyones got there own opinion.
You guys just think yours is better? Why because ur disc brakes stop 10% better than my modified pedal brakes? I go from 30 to 0 mph in 3 secs on the dot same bike with disc brakes i got 2.8 secs without tire lock up cool u pay 75% more to stop .2 secs faster?
(all tests done on a flat road with a gps speed app,a cops radar gun and a stopwatch plus 3 people to operate)(5times for each brake)(disc and coaster)
Please not everyone wants to pay the price of a moped for a bike with a motor.
Stop being all high and mighty with your oversized egos everyone does things different

Weather you crash or not is a matter of luck, and if his coaster brakes operate properly I don't really see the issue. I have caliper brakes on disc brake rims and that works fine for me. I originally had only a coaster brake though. It doesn't really change much on such a teeny motor. I mean, the motors are legal because they put out about the same power as a person. And if coaster brakes work with a person they will worn with the mechanical equivalent of a person. Im not saying disc brakes aren't better, but economically speaking, if you have coaster brakes and you can stop your bike then I see no issue, just drive more carefully with more room between you and other vehicles.

I have built many coaster brake bikes, I just always put a least a C-brake on the front.
Just by using both brakes at the same time the wear on that coaster will be less, and it gives you a brake where the braking is needed, on the front wheel, and last but far from least, you have a secondary brake in case the primary fails.

My constant insistence that no MB is safe with just one brake is to get you guys to spend the $15 to put one on!

If you have a fender mount hole on your fork, and most everything does, you can mount a C-brake through that hole.
Mount the lever behind the throttle as you'll never be using both at the same time ;-}

2_Electra66Front.jpg.FP

Please fellas, it is so cheap and easy to do you really should, in fact you may find yourself favoring the front brake, I always do ;-}

Last edited:
Weather you crash or not is a matter of luck, and if his coaster brakes operate properly I don't really see the issue. I have caliper brakes on disc brake rims and that works fine for me. I originally had only a coaster brake though. It doesn't really change much on such a teeny motor. I mean, the motors are legal because they put out about the same power as a person. And if coaster brakes work with a person they will worn with the mechanical equivalent of a person. Im not saying disc brakes aren't better, but economically speaking, if you have coaster brakes and you can stop your bike then I see no issue, just drive more carefully with more room between you and other vehicles.
Err... Well I don't see myself or anyone I know pedaling a bike 45mph and sustaining it for a couple miles....

I do know the people who can use real brakes though...

Remember reading about a guy who was talking about his coaster getting so hot it was boiling the paint off his hub. Not sure if the integrity of the hub is messed with but that's pretty hot, may even boil the grease out of the hub if it's not high temp.

Other disadvantage is that normally a coaster is not capable of being used to slow the bike if you are pedaling forward, it's just how it works, but with a motor that isn't true, you can still be driving forward while using the brakes, even if by accident it could become damaged from simply too much torque. Not to mention if for whatever reason the pedal chain snaps you have no brakes at all, with a caliper brake you will at least have the option to stop in that event.

Err... Well I don't see myself or anyone I know pedaling a bike 45mph and sustaining it for a couple miles....

I do know the people who can use real brakes though...

Remember reading about a guy who was talking about his coaster getting so hot it was boiling the paint off his hub. Not sure if the integrity of the hub is messed with but that's pretty hot, may even boil the grease out of the hub if it's not high temp.

Other disadvantage is that normally a coaster is not capable of being used to slow the bike if you are pedaling forward, it's just how it works, but with a motor that isn't true, you can still be driving forward while using the brakes, even if by accident it could become damaged from simply too much torque. Not to mention if for whatever reason the pedal chain snaps you have no brakes at all, with a caliper brake you will at least have the option to stop in that event.
Ya I get that, but for someone that just takes it down the road a mile to the grocery store and doesn't have the cash for the hardware, practicing safe driving is okay. I mean if you have the cash I would advise getting better brakes over a compression head or expansion chamber or what not. Safety is more important, but I've seen some dudes in Cuba that literally bolted weed whacker engine directly to the rear tire and used their feet or a piece of wood on a hinge as brakes. Not that I would recommend it, but you do what you gotta do ya know.

Back