Performance Pipe for Weed-Eater Engines Question ( GEBE Staton)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GoldenEagleChris, Oct 2, 2011.

  1. I was thinking about putting on my performance pipe to pull some extra RPM's out of my engine........

    Has anyone with the weed eater style engines...(GEBE, Staton, ect.) with a pipe ever have problems with the exhaust breaking or cracking or mounts breaking ect?


    What did you do to secure it good and proper?
     

  2. I guess there is no response cuz everyone has the chinese two stroke style setups on their bikes huh.


    Can nobody give me their opinion/experience with this question?


    I guess the GEBE / Staton crowd are the minority in a sea of happy time engines.

    :poop:


    I guess I will just going to have to do it myself.....
     
  3. 5-7HEAVEN

    5-7HEAVEN Member

    I've used ADA S1 expansion pipes on my Mitsubishi TLE43 2.2hp engines. I had to cut the mounting brackets off to clear the Staton friction drive housings. I ran twin engines, front and rear friction drives w/the ADA pipes. I also believe I ran the same pipe on a rear Staton chain drive w/the Mits engine.

    The pipes made a lot of power and made the engines more quiet. The Mits engines had serious breathing issues at top end w/the original mufflers. When I installed the ADA pipes, both engines were able to run way past their redlines.
     
Loading...