Phoenix Police wanted to ticket me!

Well, today I was at a QT and saw 2 Motorcycle cops and 1 squad car. I asked them for a bit of their time which they gladly gave. I asked them if they knew about motorized bicycles. Vaguely was the answer. I showed them the law, showed them the email that I sent and the response that I received back. They all said that if there was any question in ANY officers mind, then they should radio in and ask. But they also said that according to the law that I showed them, I was perfectly legal.

Just thought you'd all like to know how it's going here in AZ. We're working on it. I think I'll ask every officer I see. LOL, that should get the awareness out there. A little bit anyways.

That's brave Zevo...a head-on approach in Arizona, given their track record, would break me out in hives; good on ya, brother!

That's brave Zevo...a head-on approach in Arizona, given their track record, would break me out in hives; good on ya, brother!

Well, I wasn't riding when I talked to the 3 officers. The QT is right across the street. Maybe 1/2 block. Don't know if I would have had the ummmm cajones to do that on my bike. LOL

Well, today I was at a QT and saw 2 Motorcycle cops and 1 squad car. I asked them for a bit of their time which they gladly gave. I asked them if they knew about motorized bicycles. Vaguely was the answer. I showed them the law, showed them the email that I sent and the response that I received back. They all said that if there was any question in ANY officers mind, then they should radio in and ask. But they also said that according to the law that I showed them, I was perfectly legal.

Just thought you'd all like to know how it's going here in AZ. We're working on it. I think I'll ask every officer I see. LOL, that should get the awareness out there. A little bit anyways.

Good for you, Zev! Way to go! :D

Mary

I spoke with three phx cops and they said that they would not pull over a motored bike unless it were coming out of an alley at 3 a.m.

cool . get them all printed out and lamenate in a print shop . too protect your printouts. it will last for years :cool:

You can guarantee in every police force around the world there are a small minority of police officers with nothing better to do than fine people for the most trivial offense.

Instead of doing some real police work some of them would prefer to go out and issue fines to the 'hardcore' criminals; ie mums, dads, grandmas who jaywalk or who didn't look left, right and left again before crossing the street.

Much easier to increase revenue from fining hard working citizens for the most trivial of things. That small minority of imbeciles in the police force give the whole force a bad name.
they are everywhere here. its the opposite . just a few are not like that:confused:

I spoke with three phx cops and they said that they would not pull over a motored bike unless it were coming out of an alley at 3 a.m.

Wow, there's probable cause for you..... alley, motorized bicycle, 3 am = probable crime being committed..... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have had the same problem here in Indiana. I ride a 49cc chopper and a 49cc pocket crotch rocket. I have been pulled over on both. The law states any vehicle under 49cc will not be titled and is to be treated as a motorized bicycle. I spent 5 mo's in court fighting these new world order scumbag pirates, and won. I have to look into the arizona laws before I could say anything about this case. Just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in before work :)

Back