Pics of my first!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by skypiratescotty, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Hey now!
    Just spent a few afternoons building a ride and thought I might share a few photos. Bike is a Greenline 26" Super Classic Cruiser and engine is 2009 Raw 80cc. I put different bars and a Schwinn seat on it. I had a Bell leather tool bag in my hands today and put it back but now that it runs I think I will carry some tools and a new spark-plug with me.
    Anywhoo, feel free to make comments or ask questions.

Attached Files:

2. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest

Looks like a clean build, have fun with it!
  3. Will Snow

Will Snow Member

I like that type of handle bar on a cruiser. I am just finishing a motorbike cruiser but it has the large rounder handle bar but I plan to change to one like yours. I did buy a seat like that and made a big difference in comfort. Thanks for posting the picture, bike looks good.

DJEEPER Member

looks good man!

get some of that slack out of the chain or you will rattle your teeth out! :)
  5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Looks like u don't have much room there but if possible turn your air filter the other way around(even if u need to trim it down)
    Fine job though man.
  6. toolow

toolow Member

nice bike clean build
  7. I would like to turn the air filter cover down but there is just not enough room. Not really an issue as I don't ride in the rain and as soon as the new racing carb with offest intake is available I'm going to replace it.
    Thanks for all your comments and I appreciate the advice.
  8. suspect

suspect Member

ive heard this before, why is it so important?
  9. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

because if you get caught in the rain, water will go into the air filter with it upside down.
    with the air holes on top, it will act like a funnel.
  10. suspect

suspect Member

surely a shield or some other such could fix that tho?
  11. i've been called alot of things but never a shield. i really don't think it's a problem as it would have to be a torrential downpour for water to somehow miraculously make it's way past my legs through the frame and into three tiny little holes that a pencil won't fit in. anyway, i think it looks cool facing up and being stubborn i think i'm gonna leave it like that.
  12. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

you're would take ALOT of water to make it into the air cleaner.
    you would almost have to pour it in with a bucket...and i really doubt that rain water would make it in there.
    your bike looks pretty cool by the way...nice job.
  13. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

It's not only the rear wheel goes around it's constantly throwing-up road material.The frame gets in the way to some degree but not entirely.
    Air filters & filtration is a very underrated subject:
  14. suspect

suspect Member

isnt that the purpose of the air filter tho? to stop that?
  15. fetore56... Yes the wheel does turn so by that rationale if the filter cover faces down then debris could be splashed up into it. I challenge all filter covers to face whatever direction they so desire. I personally favor 3'oclock position cuz that's when happy hour starts but the carb won't allow it.
  16. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Sure,but would u prefer your filter to be trying to filter minimum or maximum road crud......the maintenance schedule alone would outweigh any additional setup inconvenience.