Pics @ the antique engine swap meet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by srdavo, Oct 13, 2007.

1. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I just got home...this thing was sooo cool. I've never been to any kind of swap meet.

Attached Files:

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

swap meet continued.....

2 cylinder, 2 stroke Maytag washing machine. wow!!

Attached Files:

3. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

:lol::lol: Must be the Euro model on that Maytag,,,,, its a left hand shift!!

Looks like a great way to spend an afternoon, or morning, or all day.
    Those engines look kinda rusty but,,,, one mans trash,,???? Looks like GOLD to me!

Papa

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

some cool stuff there Dave ! :D
    looks like you had a good time :)

5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

man...i took 53 pics.
    this was the coolest thing.... called a "hit & miss". this thing fired once every 16 revolutions! the crankshaft & most of the piston was exposed...it had an external oiler to lube the moving parts. there was a moving counterweight on one of the the flywheels...when centrifugal force let up...it allowed the engine to fire. &&& the exhaust valve remained open, until time to fire again. so those 16 revos free-wheeled like crazy.
    this was a blast!!

Attached Files:

6. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Wow Dave, that engine is almost totaly exposed. The one that caught my eye was the horizontally opposed twin cylinder washing machine. It looks like a mini BMW. Too cool!
    Doc

7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I think there's still some of those washing machines around here. I know some ladies that live a bit remote that have mentioned using them. I'd bet that when they finally got electricity, they didn't haul the old machine off. I may have to look into it. (A good excuse to go visitin'.)

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

davo, wow...i like the "automatic"...something seems familiar....

great pics, thanks for the tour :)

9. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Yes...that automatic really stands out, next to the shiny Cushman!!

the Servicycle seat is double sprung....leaf spring in the front & coil spring in the back.
    http://scooter.lst1090.org/index.htm

Attached Files:

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

there was a cushman in the pic? ;)

11. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

TOO Cool!

My grandfather, when he was alive, would love to go to those meets. They usually tied them in with the steam engines up here in KC. I was always looking for some bizarre motor to power a small wooden boat. Way to go Dave.:cool: