Sprockets Pictures of the operation and sprocket mount

Sgt. Howard

Local time
5:16 AM
As promised- images of 'Unit 1' as well as the shop and my secret weapon, the "Howard Sprocket Mount" in prototype. At least, that's what I HOPE to present, assuming I can master this 'puter.
OK- here is unit 1 and two views of the shop- I will do anther entry with the sprocket mount.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 414
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 419
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 443
more

yes, the Panama Jack makes a handsom MB IMHO= but here is the secret weapon, the reason my sprocket don't (can't) wobble.
the HOWARD SPROCKET MOUNT!!

oops!

silly me- please note the work in progress in the first shot.
the Old Sgt.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 440
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 397
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 396
Very kewl digging that clam shell adapter. It looks beefy.

It always nice to see alternatives in this hobby than just the same ol M&M thing.. :D

Your sprocket adapter photos look like the one that has been sold by Live Fast Motors for a long time. What is the difference?

http://livefastmotors.com/Gas-Powered-Bicycle-Motor-Clamshell-Sprocket-Adapter-Large.html

What size hubs does it fit?
How much are you charging for it?
thanks

I don't think it looks anything like their adapter. :confused::whistle:

I like the looks the of it tho. This stuff is a lot of work to make a prototype type of deal my hats off to you. Hope you can make more!

adapter

In all honesty, to me the design seems sufficiantly odviouse a solution that the idea that nobody had done this before is a bit much to swallow. Three chunks of mass having once been a single piece now held together by six screws and allowing the origional nine bolts to hold the sprocket is a rather simple solution even if dodging the variety of holes is a challenge. The BIG trick is to make certain that the final cut of the center hole, the sprocket mount face and the alignment ring for the sprocket holes are all made without changing the piece mount in the lathe- concentricity as well as perpendicularity of the aforementioned is now a given. That somebody else has a similar idea in production does not suprise me- rest assured that I did not frank the idea from somebody else's work. I do not have to copy anybody else's work to solve a problem- but as I have said before, some solutions are odviouse. Others are perfectly capable of grasping them. If I thought my idea sufficiantly unique as to obtain a patent, there would be no pictures of said device until a patent was obtained. Odviousely this is not the case...
So... in fair answer to your question as to what is the difference- I guess I need to look up the aforementioned Live Fast Motors product and assess it for myself before I can tell you. As to how much it will cost, I need to talk buisness with Chris Bailey at Brewster Manufacturing to find the answer to THAT question... but they will be for sale, I assure you.
Gregory F. (the Old Sgt.) Howard

Having deduced as much as I can from the one photo, I would say that their product is a two-piece hub mount while mine is a three-piece. Also, they rely on an external ring to assure alignment of the sprocket holes while I use the sprocket itself as a three-piece operation remains concentric to a wider degree of tolerances than a two-piece, especially as the two-piece by nature has to split the sprocket holes 5/4 as opposed to a three-piece at three holes a piece. If my observation of their product is correct, mine is the superior solution. No brag, just fact.
the Old Sgt.

Back