Official Pirate Cycles Reviews (Closed)

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Dec 10, 2009.

Please rate your experience w/ Pirate Cycles: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

2. 4 - Above Average

3. 3 - Average

0 vote(s)
  4. 2 - Below Average

0 vote(s)
  5. 1 - Poor

1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

2. 210061741

210061741 Guest

I got a Jet Limited edition Slant from Pirate Cycles.

Came fast.. like 4 days.

The customer service that Justin provides is top notch.
    He answers every E-Mail or Phone call i have made promptly.
    Before and after my purchase.

I took apart the motor and i am very pleased with the internals.

I plan on doing lots of buisness with pirate cycles.
  3. gnflyby

gnflyby Member

I recently purchased a pull start from Pirate Cycles, it took all of two days to arrive... that was fast!!! Unfortunately after placing the pull start on the motor it turns out it was defective, so I contacted Justin at Pirate Cycles and explained my problem. The following is his email response to me:

"Absolutely, I will just send you another one. Don't worry about it. Keep it for spare parts... rope, case, etc.. I'll send you out a new one tomorrow. Sometimes this stuff is built broke.

Sorry about that Nelson.

Now that's how you treat a customer!!! I received my replacement two days later, placed it on the motor and it works like a charm! Thank you Justin for the excellent customer service, it was the sweetest deal I ever made!!! (Pun intended.)

Your newest loyal customer: Nelson Febus. :)
  4. Huntington

Huntington Member

Justin was very easy to do business with. Pirate prices are on par with other vendors and as stated above customer service is terrific! Shipping was fast, everything arrived in great condition and he even added a few blow-pops. I plain on doing a lot of business with Pirate.
  5. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

Pirate did right by me--had a part failure and they sent a replacement as soon as I asked, no cost, no hassles. Prompt delivery on both orignal purchase and replacement.

Good to do business with.
  6. Well I may be cheating a bit here but altho I have not yet purchased from this vendor he did send me a nice dampro kit of my HT bike right close to Christmas so altho technically I haven't payed for any merchandise I have recieved services from him (I believe flybytaco mighta been in on that as well)
  7. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

Their service is great & they have the best T shirts. Everyone that rids a motorized bike has to have a Pirate Cycles T shirt.
  8. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Pirate has the best customer service that I have dealt with over the internet. I e-mailed Justin with My order yesterday morning. I hoped to have it by the beginning of the week. It was at My mailbox this morning 24 hrs , granted we are in the same state but he must have put the order together right after receiving the e-mail, and The t-shirts are way cool !!!!
  9. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

I needed a head and gasket pronto... it was Saturday afternoon of Labor Day weekend that I placed my order, and despite the potential holiday delays (including from the post office) I got my parts on Thursday
  10. I bought a SBP Expansion Chamber. It came pretty fast for going across the boarder (about 1 week).

What I was most impressed by was how fast emails were answered. I got a reply in only a hour late at night. He replyed using his phone while being away from his house.

5 out of 5.
  11. skrufryder

skrufryder Member

yeah I have purchesde a few times always fast and always get some sweet swag in the box
  12. james65

james65 Member

I ordered a Tee shirt(Med size) They sent me a larger size and refunded my money because they were out of Med. Although dissapointed, one of my harley friends loves the shirt. A refund would have been enough but they went the extra mile.
  13. Best Vender-- In My Book.

Pirate cycles goes beyond what a vender should do.They gave me 100 % satisfaction,and I'm a hard man to please.Have made many purchases from them.---- go with the BEST--- PIRATE.
  14. yimmie

yimmie Member

yup pirate got it together . fast shipping and good product. great job
  15. buzbikebklyn1

buzbikebklyn1 New Member

I ordered an engine and parts from pirate from several different manufacturers, The prices were competitive, they came fast,it was all well packed,and it was all there in great shape no bent cooling fins or junk/damaged parts or any thing like that.
    There call in tech. and ordering system is top notch and the guys know and use the products they sell and are very knowledgeable and friendly.

I read at the moment Pirate cycles is moving to its new facilities and isn't taking any orders till Mar.12th
    My advice?
    If you can wait till Mar.12th to buy... wait for The Pirate to come back on line.
    YARRRR MATEYS, ye've got a customer fer life
    (secretly lusting after a Karate chop roller, you Morini guys look this puppy up in there pics section.)
  16. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

Pirate Cycles Worksman

I ordered my bike on Monday. I got the 3 day shipping because I wanted it to make sure it would arrive by Friday because it was my day off. The bike was sent out in a timely manner and came when I hoped it would.

The front wheel does get shipped in a separate box, and I think that is because of the drum brake-- they add extra packing around the drum brake and it's various attachments.

And you can't beat the price for a bike that is begging to be motorized. I went this route because with my first build the frame cracked quickly. I didn't want to trust ANY of the parts of my first bike, so instead of just replacing the frame, I replaced the whole bike with one that comes with important safety upgrades-- front drum brake, kevlar belt tires, and lots of other things you can read on their site in the product description.

And they throw in stickers and candy. A nice personal touch. :)
  17. V 35

V 35 Member

I went to the retail store in Grafton MA Seeing is believing. It's great to not only speak with a knowledgable vendor, but to be able to bring my bike in . I promptly bought Worksman wheels, got a good deal on some ordered / unclaimed wheels. I appreciate their atitude about MB safety. I wish more vendors shared that passion.
  18. buzbikebklyn1

buzbikebklyn1 New Member

Its so rare in this business to find a vendor that actually tries hard to accommodate there customers...
    I'm forever asking them for some pretty odd ball parts, or small strange stuff.
    If they dont carry it they know who does and aren't shy about sending some business "across the street" if they cant get what you need.
    Thats service.
    I order about 25 engine kits and accessories every year and these guys are always my first call.
    Pirate Cycles rocks!
  19. Gene

Gene Member

I was about to order a Manic Mechanic Cylinder Head when I found out that Pirate Cycles does not have them but instead has made a knock off of the Original Manic Mechanic design. I will order my head directly from the manufacturer and not from a distributor who uses this kind of business practice.
    MotorBicycleRacing likes this.
  20. Martin 1940D28

Martin 1940D28 New Member

Butchers, just being nice with this opinion!!