planning a 110 mile trip, 2 riders

S

Simonator

Sometime this summer my brother and I are going to make a long trip to visit his friend. We are starting out in Grand Rapids, MI. Our destination is Scottville, MI. I will be riding my Moondog with a 70cc dax motor, 40T sprocket. My brother will be riding my 10 speed fuji with a 60cc happy time , 44T sprocket. I got the 60cc engine for free from Skylark. It needed a new jug and piston rings. I just finished rebuilding it for $10. I bought new rings, and used a spare Jug I had laying around. I have not started it yet, but will be soon. I am still working on motorizing the Fuji. This is going to be fun. We are both going to carry backpacks full of spare parts and tools. I am even bringing a rope incase we need to tow each other. I am not sure when we are making this trip. It will be sometime this summer.

I attached a picture of a map of the trip from yahoo maps. We obviously not be taking the highway like it recommends. We will take as many back roads as possible.

Attachments

• bicycletrip.jpg
    bicycletrip.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 272
Mabye you can get up to Luddington and see my sister. I've been there one time and know that they have at least one bar in the town down the street from the Elks Club.

Me too!

Yep, Hawaii Ed and I are thinking about that round-the-island bike ride. Our wives and Ed's son can crew for us, following with spare parts, gas, food, surfboards.:D

I guess cell phones, maybe even the "pulse-o-matic" types, would be essential for group rides, 1 for the leader and 1 for the drag rider in the back of the pack.

I've often wondered about that, how the chain is as strong as the weakest link in multi-bike situations.

Those Dutch guys, doing the Hwy 66 ride last year, had a truck constantly picking up the MBcasualties.

BUT GOOD LUCK, hit that cool lake for a swim sometime during your ride !!

ya'll are crazy haha have fun
when i get adventurous i would like to go to the city from town on mine and sightsee from it! you really get to take it all in!
pictures of course along the way id hope

Back