Please explain this condition:

Timbone

Local time
10:24 AM
Let's say you have good fuel feed, good spark, decent compression, and good air flow.

When you drop the clutch to pop start while pedaling, the engine will start to run but only in reference to your pedaling. If you stop pedalling, the engine stops and bike stops. If you continue to pedal, even as fast as you can go, the engine will simply purr with no kick.

What is going on inside the engine?

Thanks!

Timbone

Check the magnet on left side of the engine....is key sheard of keyway wallowed out.

checking spark with the plug outside the engine does not mean there is spark when its inside the engine. That is because more voltage is needed to spark under high pressure. Double the gap and then test it outside the engine.
also getting fuel does not mean you have the right fuel ratio.

I had the same problem with a new motor, drove me crazy!! Turns out it was the muffler was defective from factory. Make sure you can blow through it!!

Today was a very cold day, just above freezing. I got quite a bit of work done on my new motorcycle style seat, but all the while, my motorbike was over there staring at me. But it was so cold. And I haven't ridden it for a few weeks now. It has just a bit of gas in there. I could burn it out.

I couldn't help it. I put on some gloves, pushed it thru some ice and slush to the recently thawed and dried street and made a few passes to try to get it started. All I could get it to do was that same weak purr thing. So frustrating. The very last time I rode it the thing was going so well. I am usually as determined as hell, but it was so cold I was shivering. I pedelled the thing back to the garage. Maybe tomorrow...

Back