Please forgive my spelling

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by graucho, Jun 26, 2008.

1. graucho

graucho Active Member

I missspell words in my posts but does it really matter?

Cna *yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i *cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The *phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde *Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the *olny iproamtnt tihng ! is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit *pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a *pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, *but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was *ipmorantt!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008

2. kerf

kerf Guest

I had no porlebm rdaenig yuor psot but taht's the way eye slepl aynawy.

3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Yea me spwell chics on strik an shee grabjiated too.

4. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

That hurts my brain.

That the astounding human brain can interpret intent from context a a few letters, is no excuse for egrigious spelling and worse syntax. Sometimes we all hit the wrong key and misspell words- that's natural and no big deal, but there are some posters here who make my brain hurt just as much as the original post.

However, I put up with it because I love all you goofy MBers.

5. sparky

sparky Active Member

'Tis true... if words are spelled properly, tho... you can read sentences and even whole paragraphs in one glance. It's called speed reading, and it's real.

Only time I had a problem reading graucho's post above was when he said, "iproamtnt". That took me at least 4 seconds to figure out, but everything else was pretty instantaneous.

6. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

um sorry thats me on the brain hurting to all

7. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

taht is so cool. heh

8. Scottm

Scottm Guest

I get so ecixetd wehn I lrean smoehting new hree , my spleilnig gtes splopy/

My mtoher was an Elnisgh tcehaer, so i was riaesd rgiht.

9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Yea my last english class was 30 years ago and most of my life Ive worked with my hands. You want correct grammer go work for the NY Times.

10. starkm32

starkm32 Member

Teh OP ist fhunny, prolly cuz hits hurts to munch too reed.

*takes to aspirin*

11. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I misspelled "egregious"...but not egregiously.

12. kghkhk h,hl h, h,.sdfp9pu n,h, f/ckdn,bc chdh jkc hc.lhj
    Hmmmm ? ;-)
    Andrew

13. sparky

sparky Active Member

The thing that hurts my head too much is how you used the words (to,too,two) all incorrectly. Every time I see somebody mess that up, it hinders my ability to read quickly much more than just jumbling up the letters. Adding extra letters or not the right ones is also pretty crappy, but basic grammar is of utmost importance to me.

The whole point of this is that jumbling letters in a word is fairly easily overlooked by your brain. But bad grammer and not knowing how to spell the word to begin with will easily lead you to headaches... oh yes!

14. starkm32

starkm32 Member

two che, brutha.:grin:

Yit's all toothy fruity.:smile:

*Takes tree aspirin*

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  15. spunout

spunout Member

whel spokin. my sandymints eggszacklee

16. starkm32

starkm32 Member

"sandymints" HOL!

Used to know a sandymental blonde named "Candy", from Santa Cruz.

Her last name was "Crux".:shock:

17. Scottm

Scottm Guest

where's my "knift"

I bought an above ground pool and this was a box with hoses in it. Made in China.

Attached Files:

18. starkm32

starkm32 Member

Knifty.

(LUV dat Xinese Anglishe, the anguish, the anguish)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008