Please help. Need advice for my project TY

K

Koroky

Hello, Hope someone Reply. Im working on this project that CDI is involved, can somebody please tell me if this will work.. If i cut the wire (Signal) from the stator motor to the CDI and put a relay switch there and use a switch to turn on and off the flow of the signal will this work for the motor? Please help.

if you want to add a key-switch to turn off ignition, search this board a bit for more info - several here have done that & I believe some can be ordered online

Hello, Hope someone Reply. Im working on this project that CDI is involved, can somebody please tell me if this will work.. If i cut the wire (Signal) from the stator motor to the CDI and put a relay switch there and use a switch to turn on and off the flow of the signal will this work for the motor? Please help.
Long story short, yes. I do not recommend a relay though as it complicates things. A simple on off switch will work.

Another idea that can work and trick the unsavory types is to install a key switch to the kill wire. It might seem strange at first but by turning it "off" you're actually activating the kill switch which turns the motor off, a person who didn't have this knowledge would think that if they cut the wires and twisted them together that it would override the key but by doing so they would be completing the kill wire circuit after just having disabled it unknowingly. Then all attempts to start the bike would be thwarted simply because they had no idea that the wires they spliced were infact the kill wires.

Another option is add more wires to the mix and hide the real ones.

My question is why do you need a key to stop the bike from use? If you don't have a pull start then if it's locked it won't get started anyway, leaving it unlocked just lets it get stolen like any other bike.

Also sickbikeparts sells a cdi with the key built in! It's impossible (or impractical) to hot wire since the key is part of the box that is the CDI, only way around it is for a motorized bike thief to have the same key or to carry a spare cdi around to hot wire it, but that doesn't mean that they can get the bike unlocked from whatever it is you should be locking it to.

On another note of security I have a friend who ordered a couple of these doorknob alarms, funny thing is it doesn't operate on vibration rather a sorta radio field or capacitance sorta effect, what's really cool is the alarm goes off from simply getting near the wire loop or alarm box, as in it senses the change in the field around it and sets the alarm off. I found that looping the wire around a metal object increases the ability for it to detect things nearing the object, and if the metal is too large a piece it simply detects touch as soo as it's touched.

I saw that looping it around the arm of a magneto really amplifies the effect of the sensing field around the 3 wires from the mag. A couple tests with various sized aluminum foil pieces showed that the range of sense can be spread out really far and that it detects fast changes in the field, slowly bringing a hand to the foil would let me within the sensing zone, while moving faster would set it off sooner.

I have no idea how to implement the thing into my bike's array of security measures but as soon as I do it's going on the internet.

Also sickbikeparts sells a cdi with the key built in!
No they don't, but they have a cool keylock throttle for electric bikes.

E-trikeThrottle.jpg

I am the guy that came up with a keylock mounted right to CDI, been doing it as option for years.

FitoDoneLF.jpg

As mentioned, it's just another kill button that simply shorts the blue and black wires, you just need a key to disable the engine from starting.

I have the same thing for 4-strokes now too.

2_Copper10Gkeylock.jpg.FP

Sure they still pedal the bike away, but it won't be under power ;-}

Last edited:
No they don't, but they have a cool keylock throttle for electric bikes.

E-trikeThrottle.jpg

I am the guy that came up with a keylock mounted right to CDI, been doing it as option for years.

FitoDoneLF.jpg

As mentioned, it's just another kill button that simply shorts the blue and black wires, you just need a key to disable the engine from starting.

I have the same thing for 4-strokes now too.

2_Copper10Gkeylock.jpg.FP

Sure they still pedal the bike away, but it won't be under power ;-}
OK they used to sell them, not anymore, I bought one, they called it Lightening cdi, the pdf manual is still listed on their site, link below:
http://sickbikeparts.com/content/Manuals/CDI.pdf

I wonder why they discontinued it, maybe lost business to the wonderful gasbike copies.

OK they used to sell them, not anymore, I bought one, they called it Lightening cdi, the pdf manual is still listed on their site, link below:
http://sickbikeparts.com/content/Manuals/CDI.pdf

I wonder why they discontinued it, maybe lost business to the wonderful gasbike copies.
Ya, that was when they tried to carry Jags design I think and that is not a stock CDI.

My design just attaches to the stock CDI.

Back