Please help no power

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by jchamp, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jchamp

jchamp New Member

Hello all,
    This weekend I swaped my 49cc to an 80cc motor. I was able to start it but had absolulty no power. I couldn't figure out why. After tinkering with everthing i could think of, adjusting carb, throttle cable, plug gap, to outright changing carbs still nothing. Until I took the muffler off and lost a small piece of exhaust gasket. When I said "forget this" put the muffler back on and tried it one more time I finally noticed a differance in power. I don't know if the muffler was bad so took the baffle out and the center was crimped. this is the same muffler from my 49cc should I clean it completely? Please help I can't stand driving my car.

2. zetti_the_man

zetti_the_man Member

fuel power, exaust dump

hey buddy. this brian from anchorage alaska. the way i got mine setup is an empty muffler, with steel wool stuffed init: with a popcan bottom clampd around the bottom of the exaust pipe with a large hole init. it's loud but there's no hikups.
    another way to have max RPMs is to put a shot of RC truck and car Nitro Fuel in your tank. make sure you have good compression. goodluck
    bc

3. BSA

BSA Guest

What do you mean no no power. Checked for airleaks?

BSA