Please help !

Anonymous Pimp

Local time
2:28 AM
So I get this kit and install it and at first everything is great but then one thing after another first off I can't seem to get the carb to stay on the intake tube! It is the high output carb and the plastic ring that fits over the intake tube seems to let the carb just slide off and I can not get it to run properly it was running great had it perfect until the carb fell off one time and has not run right since can anyone help me with this please also having clutch issues used to work just fine now no matter where i set the cable the clutch wont work you cant tell me that the clutch wares out after three tanks of gas ! I just broke it in ! any help with these things would be great ! Thanks in advance !

With your carby have you tightened the screw where it attaches to the intake manifold? I have one carby that has a hose clamp and another that has a screw clamp - both are tightened using a phillips head screw driver.

So the clutch wont engage at all? Try undoing the cable where it attaches to the clutch arm and see if it will engage.

With your carby have you tightened the screw where it attaches to the intake manifold? I have one carby that has a hose clamp and another that has a screw clamp - both are tightened using a phillips head screw driver.

So the clutch wont engage at all? Try undoing the cable where it attaches to the clutch arm and see if it will engage.

Yes I have and yet it still comes off and it was usually happening when the power band kicked in but now that it is not running properly I don't get a power band !
And by engage what do you mean ? I can't even start my bike now because I cant get it moving because it is like I have no clutch I have adjusted it but it still does nothing !

So I get this kit and install it...
...and now you have problems and would like some help correct?
You realize there are a bunch of different kits out there right?
Don't ya think it would be helpful to share what this kit is with those willing to try to help?
Be VERY specific about EVERYTHING and a picture really helps ;-}

Welcome to the world of China "quality". Read all the threads on "clutch problems". Most of these are simple fixes involving adjusting spring tension.

...and now you have problems and would like some help correct?
You realize there are a bunch of different kits out there right?
Don't ya think it would be helpful to share what this kit is with those willing to try to help?
Be VERY specific about EVERYTHING and a picture really helps ;-}

Okay the kit is Yuan Dong Sky Hawk GT5

And here are some pics of my bike

IMG_20120924_183931.jpgIMG_20120924_183907.jpgIMG_20120924_183856.jpg

So I hope that this helps you help me

Thank you

You screw is strip,look like your carb can slide more on the intake.
Try tighten your screw some more but use pliers or vise grip.
An also that clear hose closest to your air filter remove it, make sure that plastic ring is turn the right way also.

You screw is strip,look like your carb can slide more on the intake.
Try tighten your screw some more but use pliers or vise grip.
An also that clear hose closest to your air filter remove it, make sure that plastic ring is turn the right way also.

I will replace the screw but when the carb was coming off the screw was tight as it would go ! And what plastic ring are you referring to ? The one that is inside the carb that connects to the intake ? What would be the right way ? And why would I have to remove the hose closest to the air filter I can't see how it would make a difference but if a reasonable explanation then I will remove I just don't see the reasoning though ?

I think I should solve my clutch problem first so that I can get it started and also have it running at a stop to fiddle with the carb !

Okay so I have solved the clutch problem it was the throw out bearing ! So now clutch is great but still having trouble with my carb. I just cant get it to where it was before ?

Back