Please Please Help

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by greg36, May 20, 2011.

1. greg36

greg36 New Member

So Im Starting My First Project On A Beach Crusier From Walmart. The Blue One With The Base Fendors And The Brown Seat. I Was Putting On The Rear Sprocket And I Had To Take Off A Little Arm That Was On The Hub And Attached To The Frame On The Left Side. And My Whole Axle Is Take Undone And I Have Nooo Idea How To Put It Back Together And How To Put It Back With That Arm And The Sprocket. There Is No Diagram For The Rear Axle/hub Setup For That Bike

Please Help
    Thank You

2. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

can you post some pictures showing exactly what you have done?
    My guess is, the arm you took off is the rear brake.
  3. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Sounds like the coaster brake arm and assembly...

If you do not know how it goes back together... I plead with you to go to a local bike shop and have them assemble it for you for a few dollars!

That is your ONLY BRAKE on the bike and it MUST MUST MUST work perfectly!!!
  4. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Also, do not use a coaster brake as your only brake. They aren't designed to stop at the much higher speeds a MB is capable of and there have been many horror stories associated with their failure. a front brake is a must.
  5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

yes.... two brakes!! The front brake has the most stopping power.

6. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

It goes like this..

bolt--FRAME--bolt---Hubside with little arm---bearing---pads---torpedo---WHEEL---bearing----sprocket----smaller bearing----cone nut---bolt--FRAME--bolt

Easy peasy. Make sure the bearings face the right direction.
  7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

note... the bolts you mention are nuts.

the bolt is the axle --- goes all the way through the hub.

azbill found this:
  8. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

9. rustycase

rustycase Banned

Reality check.

G, you don't have a lot of mechanical ability.
    There's not much that can be explained to you long distance without undergoing a very tedious process. The 'little thing' is probably a critical brake stay.

Best advice... engage someone locally who is knowledgeable to put it back together.

Next time... as you dis-assemble things, set them aside in a row, in the order you take them off... until you become more familiar with how things work.

(and I wouldn't feel bad abt it... the coaster brake hub is possibly the most complicated mechanism on the entire bike!)

Good luck
  10. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

it was probably the brake stay and he probable accidnetally unscrewed the cone nut, which makes the whole thing fall apart.