Please suggest the frame for cruiser with front hydraulic brakes

south_MS

Local time
5:16 PM
Hello everyone. I am planning a MB build to use a HF predator motor with Quenton's q-matic (ezmotorbike.com) reduction drive on a cruiser frame with worksman wheels. I would love to install a hydraulic disc brakes on the front wheel but I haven't figured out if it would be possible on a 26" cruiser. I am thinking about 26" Schwinn men's heaven cruiser from academy sports. Did anyone ever managed to do that? Any info would be a great help. Thank you.

Hydraulic brakes can be pricey. Cable operated disc brakes can stop you very well, for less money, unless you plan to build something weighing 300 lbs or better.
You can use a cable operated disk brake on the academy sports bike after buying a disc compatible front wheel, fork, caliper, lever (they are different) and cable (they are different too). That is why bikeguy53 said it would be expensive. You also have to make sure the parts are compatible.
There are some disc brake caliper adaptors available from online engine vendors that would cost less than a new fork.
If you haven't worked on bikes much, I would get a bike with discs already installed. Some inexpensive bikes have a disk brake only on the front, where it makes the most difference in stopping power. I know Mongoose makes a mountain bike with a disc brake on the front only.

I think its gasbike that has that frame where all the mountings are welded onto the frame. They look neat and the price won't break the bank. Another neat thing is the tank being integrated into the top tube, makes for a great looking MAB.

Hello everyone. I am planning a MB build to use a HF predator motor with Quenton's q-matic (ezmotorbike.com) reduction drive on a cruiser frame with worksman wheels. I would love to install a hydraulic disc brakes on the front wheel but I haven't figured out if it would be possible on a 26" cruiser. I am thinking about 26" Schwinn men's heaven cruiser from academy sports. Did anyone ever managed to do that? Any info would be a great help. Thank you.

The most important thing to check is if your cruiser frame's headset is for a 1.125" fork.
I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone makes an inexpensive disc-brake 1" suspension fork.
If you wanted suspension, that is.

i bought a harley davidson bike that has front and rear disc breaks and shocks on the front and rear i got it off craigslist for 35 bucks. maybe you can find something that dosent break the bank on craigslist?

A Raleigh Retroglide cruiser frame has a 1.125" headset.
I had a girl's model and installed a ROCKSHOX suspension fork on it. It had disc brake mounts.
JMO, 203mm mechanical disc brakes mounted front and rear should do the trick.

Back