Police in Sydney, Australia

Hi all,

By the time the engine arrives at home, I will be investigating about the legal implications and risks in NSW. So I will ask randomly some policement about what would they do if they saw a bike with a small engine, and observe their reactions, see if they know about the hp/power issues...and post it here.

Also, the maximum fine for riding those vehicles in NSW.... If all goes really bad, you pay $472x3...if you don't pay it, you go to court and ruin yourself. Anyway, the website says $922, which is painful, but not deadly painful.

I mean, it's better to avoid the problem, but if it happens, you get a 1000 fine. That is the law, all of us know that laws aren't applied strictly...and I want to speak to those who may apply the laws...mr police.

And what about....ways of camouflage for the engine? In randwick, I saw someone riding uphill his bike (so fast) with something similar to a plastic box just on the top of the rear wheel....that box seemed to made a strange sound....but...I couldn't know if it was from that box or from another car ;)

Have fun!!!

From an official PDF (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/unregistered_risks.pdf)

Driving an unregistered vehicle is also an offence,
attracting on-the-spot infringement notice fines of at
least $472 for unregistered, $472 for uninsured and
$472 for unpaid motor vehicle tax. If the matter goes
to court, the court may impose a fine of up to $2,200
for driving unregistered, $5,500 for driving uninsured
and $550 for unpaid motor vehicle tax.

From their website (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/rego_unregistered.html):

Driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle is also an offence attracting on the spot infringement notice fines of at least $922 ($461 for being unregistered and $461 for being uninsured). If the matter goes to court, the maximum fine is $2200 for driving unregistered and $5500 for driving uninsured.

did you see him aswell:cool:

Hi will_start,

a couple of days ago I saw your billabong black bike chained to a traffic signal near eastgate in bondi junction. I stopped for a while to observe the machine and maybe see you...if you ever see a apple logo on the tank, that's mine lol

By now I already have my bike, have done about 100 km and I saw a few interesting things on your bike

some questions...

how did you bend the exhaust?? I found it terribly difficult!

I read your posts and seems that you know a lot about head bolts tightening. I have severe problems with that...I think I overtightened one and now I am looking for better bolts. Do you know any shop nearby?

tonight i am gonna try to repair that. Oil escapes between the head and the body of the engine because the bolts don't press enough the head... so I bought an aviation-form-a- gasket sealant liquid

See you someday
:)

yes the cops can get you for unlicenced. or canceled . or disqualified. or suspended. and alot more . is it worth it:eek:

Yes they are over the 200watts. But they are under 50cc. Under 50cc doen't have to be regoed. Are you a cop???? Sounds like it!

hahahah not really...by the time I wrote this, I didn't have the engine yet, and at first was worried about the legality in Sydney. Now, I don't care anymore!! Cops pass by...and I am the happiest rider on the road :D

every week I add new improvements. next month I'll post some pics

have fun mates!

hey llopart,

You were lucky to see my bike at East Gate Bondi, I was only there for 1 hour.

PM me and we'll see if we can get together to help with your bike.
One thing I know in life, what you give out, you get back.

Yes they are over the 200watts. But they are under 50cc. Under 50cc doen't have to be regoed. Are you a cop???? Sounds like it!
the law states that it must be under 200watts . 50cc 102cc 55567cc 30cc . what ever cc you have. it must be under 200watts . i would love too have 80cc petrol motor . but i am a suspened driver . so if cops can get me on grey area .they would .i would be taking a risk . its something i dont want too do . it would be jail time for me .fines . court :censored: ok ok how many watts from a 50cc petrol motor??? i read some where that a petrol engine must be no more than 1.5 hp ??? you can see its a grey area . even im confused:confused:

Back