Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other; please explain in comments

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Chalo

Local time
5:36 AM
Hi y'all,

I was inspired by Sgt. Howard's thread soliciting folks' reasons for adopting motorized bicycling. I thought I'd put out a poll to simplify the question a bit:

Which one of these reasons is the most important of your own reasons for riding a motorized bicycle?

Thanks for participating.

Last edited:
I chose the "other" category because i have a number of reasons why i build motorized bikes.
I look at it as a hobby, just something to do for fun.
I like to build things...anything that's mechanical.
I like to fabricate my own parts.
I like to do custom paint jobs.
I like to build things that aren't cookie cutters of what everyone else is doing.
I just like to mess around and build things that are cool and my bikes definitly don't look like the typical motorized bikes that you see every day. (no mountain bikes, cruisers, or recumbents for me. and nothing bigger than a 20" frame.)
I just do this for fun and as a hobby. i usually ride my bikes only around my neighborhood and i take them to custom car shows on occasion and enter them in the motorcycle class.
I do that just to get odd looks from the motorcycle owners.

Why

I origionally bought the silly thing to save on gas. I figured that a competant machinist/gunsmith/mechanic like myself should be able to figure thse things out. Then all the advantages caught me by suprise. Currently my Cranbrick is suffering from a gaslogged carb float- I will buy another rather than attempt to 'fix' the float again. I still love the silly thing. I will easily be several years getting all the kinks out of it... which actually makes it that much more fun. Not near as frustrating as an English sportscar, far more reliable and handles the road as well. When it is running, I use every excuse to fire it up and go somewhere... or nowhere... just cruise around. It is a head-turner, operates on pocket change, keeps me in trim and is fun! What more can you want?
the Old Sgt.

Big Oil

I love two wheels. Own 5 bicycles a scooter and a motor bike. Used to ride a moped when I was 14. When gas hit 4.00 a gal I went ballastic. I mean, after all, big oil made the highest profit they had ever made that year. Riding a motor bike is my small way of showing others that there might be another way to use less oil and keep my hard earned money in my pocket.

soaringhawk8

Back