porting tight holes...

HeadSmess

Local time
1:45 AM
not anythng of anything, just a few links to what been thinking of purchasing lately...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NSK-Style-Dental-Surgical-45-Degree-High-Speed-Handpiece-Push-Button-4-Holes-ST4-/181310812255?ssPageName=ADME:X:EAC:AU:3160

cute lil 45 degree head dentist drills :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-sets-Dental-Lab-Clinic-Tungsten-Carbide-Steel-FG-High-Speed-Mixed-Burs-Drills-/251130114725?ssPageName=ADME:X:EAC:AU:3160

and, of course, WC tools to suit. they are much smaller than a dremel.

theres also a lower speed one that takes the 2.35 mm bits, but i think for now, one of these will do :)

cant find much info on em, but i believe you get the right hose and adaptor and just hook up to air supply. good enough for me :)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would double check on what the bits are made of to get an idea if they are strong enough to be working on metal.

ahem. WC.

wolfram carbide....

in a 1.6mm shank, mainly diamond. hard to find the tungsten ones.

they both work, carbides faster in alloy, especially dry. diamond needs a lot of kerosene.

no, they arent fast. and they are very delicate.

you find another grinder for less that can get down in there...

there is the slower speed 2.35 mm type, with a right angle head. also just as useful.

only other thing ive seen is a 300 dollar micro die grinder with angled head. they dont even come with an optional coolant nozzle! and are still quite large. definitely useless on anything under 50.

oooh, a possum!

Tooth enamel is a 5 on the mohs hardness scale, aluminum is a 2.5. Dental drill bits should work just fine.

Cool idea!
However, I think the noise would drive me insane!
Those things make a noise that invokes nightmares in children around the globe! :eek:

cc tools is very expensive, catering to a market of professionals that can claim tax returns on such expenditures.

i believe each tool is serial numbered and he refuses to sell to or service equipment owned by the "abusive" if they dont mend their ways. (when you have to replace certain parts, its obvious)

mind you, they are some very nice tools. just outside the average hobbyist or part time porters type of budget. i also dont see anything with a 45 degree angled head...

i personally think the sound is the part ill find most appealing :wacko:

also, note the size of the cylinders...off 250's. try doing a 25cc job :eek:

one thing at a time...

i got rich!

i just got broke again!

i better do my tax return and get rich again!

anyways. one 45 degree head dentist drill, and just then ebay suggested 2x standard dentist drills for $26 with free shipping, so i couldnt help myself and made the splurge (actually, looking closely...they be the kind the guy is actually using in that first vid as linked by fabian...very small, right angle head, thats kicked back at about a 10-15 degree angle from the main handpiece.)

and and and, two sets of 1.6mm shank CARBIDE burrs. that be tungsten carbide, for people unfamiliar with the term "wolfram". i doubt ill ever find titanium or tantalum carbide tools, or ones listed as such. truth be told, most WC is actually a TiC anyways!

all other cash on me card has gone towards sealing rope for my fireplace, a much needed accessory at this time of year! and erm....brushless motors and stuff for my rc boat... i have WAY TOO MANY HOBBIES!

and really...i gotta go see the dentist myself... oops :giggle:

cmon mr tax man, you owe me LOTS this year :)

ALDI has a micro porting tool set and a small grinder with a flexible shaft extension.

I have no idea how good or how bad the quality is but it might be worth a trip to ALDI, considering you can return the items if they don't live up to expectations.

i have enough "dremel"

sorry, my bad...my kiwi mate always has a go about how us aussies call things by a brand name...its a pressure washer cleaner, not a gerni or karcher...

so, "rotary grinding tools"... i have more than enough, and none of them will do the job. have you tried? you can "just" clean up burrs on transfers, but run risk of destroying the cylinder walls, and theres definitely no chance on really opening things up, or re-angling either!

nah, thanks for the heads up, but my purchasing is done! and i have a real air compressor now!!! roadside score, they had fried the centrifugal switch in the motor, then ripped off its capacitors...nothing too daunting for this lil boy :giggle: standard cap start/run motor, just needed some tinkering. $500 for nothing :) so now the cheapo single cylinder pos' are being used as accumulator tanks, motors are in my scrap heap, where they belong!

it will need a box for the electricals, before someone gets done!

actually, it was a flexi shaft on my drill press that convinced me it was time the dreads had to go... dang that hurt! and of course, scissors are always "just" out of reach! :giggle: it would have made a great video!!!!

a real issue with a lot of cheap tools is bearings, shafts and runout. im hoping, that while cheap...dentist drills are at least , erm...rigid? nothing worse than destroying two hours work due to the tool being slightly wobbly... except destroying two days work!

Back